Vogue Arabia April 2018 : Adwoa Aboah by Cass Bird

Very strong. i like her expression, a bit less bored and plus...sexy imo. Nice cover. I am not very fan of the black background but better than the grey one !

Other than their cast of Black models, VA has devolved to having absolutely no design and fashion identity of its own.

This covers and its art direction resembles PORTER, while the previous cover with Iman and Imaan resembles Franca’s Vogue… Is that their gameplay: To steal a different magazine's identity every month??? Must be nice to have that art director job where you can just blatantly rip off other magazines and not have to come up with your own direction at all.

(Adwoa looks nice…)

Thanks hellgirl

They actually had one of the best Vogue covers last month with Iman and Imaan, to this saddest cover. Adwoa by Maria Grazia? No thank you.

She can be just as annoying as the others, and certainly can lack range, but i do have to say it works here, i like it.

I'm tired of her by now, I don't want to see her everywhere all the time.
Plus this looks a little tame for Cass Bird, I love her but I do not think she fits what VA is usually like. It's a very random combination.

I don’t get the Adwoa hype and I’ll never get it. She’s just another nepo model. The only thing that makes her stand out from the rest is her “edginess”. She makes the same expression and is styled the same way almost 90% of the time. Also I’m disappointed in the magazine itself. I was hoping it would showcase Arab talent. I have yet to see one local photographer or stylist ever credited?

I love the cover, Adwoa always delivers for me. Vogue Arabia is pure lux other than revisiting some of the other publications editorials, I love the track this publication is on.

All the things I loathe about her modeling actually works here. Strange but I like this.

The devil works hard but Adwoa's agent works harder.

Another great cover from VA, they can't fail it seems. Adwoa looks amazing here.

29060889_10155590055773031_158589564383951406_o.jpg

Source @voguearabia Instagram

Even tho she looks bored, both covers are still stunning and strong imo. Could have been better with a stronger expression, ofc.

I don’t get the Adwoa hype and I’ll never get it. She’s just another nepo model. The only thing that makes her stand out from the rest is her “edginess”.

I agree, I don't get her appeal either and I'm tired to see her everywhere. I must admit both covers look quite good though!

The devil works hard but Adwoa's agent works harder.

Hahahaha, one must really applaud them them for spinning straw into gold!

I like the idea behind these covers, but it shouldn't have been Cass to shoot this. More of a glossy touch would've amplified it. And if course, an actual model with range. I'm fed up with Adwoa's eternal vacant expression.

Am I the only one surprised that Adwoah is interviewed by MGC but isn't wearing Dior on neither cover?

I never have been a fan but at this point I‘m just really tired of seeing her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->