Vogue Arabia November 2017 : Rihanna by Greg Kadel

I'm surprised everyone had high expectations. We're talking about Vogue Arabia here...

I'm surprised everyone had high expectations. We're talking about Vogue Arabia here...

Lol, the way people lost their sh#t over this cover was laughable. One would think Rihanna not only got the role in a film, and an Oscar, but also heralded by modern day Saudi royals as the true Nefertiti.

Only now we find it's just another Greg Kadel studio cover.

I LOVE IT! I mean honestly Rihanna doesn’t take bad pictures and sure in hell doesn’t have bad Vogue covers either!

The eye makeup is a little heavy, but it does with outfit.

Can’t wait to see the full editorial.

I don't know about this tbh.

740650.png

memes.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about this tbh.

:lol: She gets away with murder in comparison to her peers only because she's 'cool.' I did like these images personally and think they're much better than this half-baked cosplay.

I was so excited about the collabo and Egyptian reference but the styling is a disaster. The hair and theme are worlds apart.

They seriously need to stop with that "culture appropriation" people these days try to speak up and "expose"for irrelevant things just to show to the world that they are educated and tolerant but they are all ignorant ! I think it very hyprocrit because they just doing it because it's "trendy" and it's sad!
They would not even care if it wasnt

This cover is inspired by Egyptian culture yes and so ? I don't see anything that offensive they put the concept in a more urban way that works for our area ( even if I think that its not well executed) and even its that not a culture appropriation factor it is not like Rihanna is a blonde blue eyes caucasian woman...

I find even more questionable about on of the tweet inclued in that article "How to be featured in Vogue Arabia: Can't be an actual Arab from/living in the region but you can appropriate Arab and/or Muslim things."
I cant stop laught at this ! We are in 2017 the world is cosmopolite and by saying that what are they saying about Imaan Gigi , Bella so there are not arab just because they dont leave there ?
So what next a MOC on the Cover of Vogue Paris ( Still waiting for it by the way) wearing a LV beret in front the Eiffel Tower will be offensive too ? ...

They seriously need to stop with that "culture appropriation" people these days try to speak up and "expose"for irrelevant things just to show to the world that they are educated and tolerant but they are all ignorant ! I think it very hyprocrit because they just doing it because it's "trendy" and it's sad!

This cover is inspired by Egyptian culture yes and so ? I don't see anything that offensive they put the concept in a more urban way that works for our area ( even if I think that its not well executed) and even its that not a culture appropriation factor it is not like Rihanna is a blonde blue eyes caucasian woman...

I find even more questionable about on of the tweet inclued in that article "How to be featured in Vogue Arabia: Can't be an actual Arab from/living in the region but you can appropriate Arab and/or Muslim things."
I cant stop laught at this ! We are in 2017 the world is cosmopolite and by saying that what are they saying about Imaan Gigi , Bella so there are not arab just because they dont leave there ?
So what next a MOC on the Cover of Vogue Paris ( Still waiting for it by the way) wearing a LV beret in front the Eiffel Tower will be offensive too ? ...

Agreed 10000% !

I cannot recall at which stage Huffington Post became the bottom-of-the-barrel populist fodder that it is now. I mean, to build features around a bunch of Instagram comments is a new sort of low. Not even Daily Mail or The Sun would stoop to that level. Furthermore, people should really educate themselves before running their mouths over stuff beyond their intellectual capacity. Nefertiti's race has not been verified ever since a German archeologist discovered her bust at the turn of the 20th century, so these SJWs are already starting a debate on shaky grounds. I know Egyptians would like to believe Nefertiti to be thoroughly Middle Eastern, but considering Egypt then apparently had a multicultural profile, there are some strong arguments that she may actually have been vaguely mixed race or African. You know, the continent which modern day Egypt unfortunately find themselves in, but refuse to acknowledge?

I agree with this. The only time "cultural appropriation" ever bothers me is in instances in which the culture that is being appropriated from is depicted in a negative way. It's a global world, and I don't thing there's anything wrong with celebrating different cultures.

And even if they used a white girl - the Ancient Egyptians are dead and so is their culture. That's such a reach. Like the time people came after Katy Perry for the Dark Horse vid lmao

The people complaining about this cover are the same ones getting wasted at toga parties, so... :rolleyes:

And even if they used a white girl - the Ancient Egyptians are dead and so is their culture. That's such a reach. Like the time people came after Katy Perry for the Dark Horse vid lmao

Sorry but I have to disagree with culture being dead, culture never dies.

SONG OF THE DESERT
Photographer: Greg Kadel
Stylist: Anya Ziourova
Hair: Yusef Williams
Make-Up: Isamaya Ffrench
Model/Celebrity: Rihanna

Vogue Arabia Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
Riri REALY looks spectacular here! Love every single shot. :heart:

She's a better model than most models :heart:. I can only imagine how good that would look with the real Serge Leblon haha.

Sorry, guys, I totally overlooked this (also spectacular!) backcover:

Vogue Arabia Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burgerdays
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->