Vogue Australia July 2009 : Myf Shepherd by Max Doyle

I thought the cover looked silly, but the editorial isn't better. She just ruins it with her expression.

Every month I seem to be more and more disappointed in vouge australia covers. As others have said vogue australia seems to be going downhill. The only good covers this year have been repeats eg. Daria and Anna S. from vogue Nippon and the rest have been photos belonging to an ed from else where or look some what tacky. This month is simply too comercial for a HF magazine. I'm serious condiering buying vogue US, Brit, Paris, Italia or Deutsch (anything really) even if I can't read French or Italian and only have a basic level of German. The only good thing about vogue australia is that is promotes home grown beauties.

Very natural and charismatic cover. I appreciate a break from the desperate glamour and sexiness of most covers. :flower:
I agree I really like this cover for the same reasons :heart: and that's a bit weird but she reminds me of Hilary Rhoda on the cover... weird but nice

So I have this magazine in front of me now. I just think this cover fails on all levels. I also think Romance was Born is overhyped. Australia (and particularly Australian Vogue) is trying to make something out of nothing... it has such a kitschy "so-bad-I-can't-believe-they-went-there" kind of feel, and yes incredible work has gone into it, but I wish they'd stop saying it's all that.

The rest of the issue isn't very fascinating. Valeria looks good though, but it feels like this type of editorial has been done before - by Marie Claire, Australian Harper's, Madison, etc.

I also think Romance was Born is overhyped. Australia (and particularly Australian Vogue) is trying to make something out of nothing... it has such a kitschy "so-bad-I-can't-believe-they-went-there" kind of feel, and yes incredible work has gone into it, but I wish they'd stop saying it's all that.

I agree 150% with you!!! The label shouldn't even be in Vogue, or deserve cover status. It looks like grandmother's children knits went on a drug overdose. An octopus beanie?

39418toc1.jpg
39418toc2.jpg

39418pic3.jpg
39418pic4.jpg

yesbook24

there's a full page shot of the oh-so-lovely lily allen in this issue! :blush:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
www.oh-lily.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members