Vogue Australia July 2024 : Team Australia by Charles Dennington

OMFG ahahahahahhahhahaha I DARE to find someone who will find this ''amazing'' ahaha CRAZY BAD. Even on Pinterest you'll find 1000 times better posters than this !!! Use A.I, use REAL photoshoots of your national athletes, use ANYTHING ELSE but please lol don't DON'T DO THIS !!! Can't believe VOGUE of all magazines published this.

Microsoft Word 1995 HELLO ahahahaahha :lol:.

They truly don't have more money uh?!

If they changed the logo to "JUST DO IT ✔️", that would be more appropriate.

It's a pity that no fashion publication has figured out how to do a good Olympics cover, because these are ordinary people, in the best shape of their life, working hard towards achieving their goals - all the things that modern magazines try to tell you they really care about.

But no, nobody cares enough to do a decent cover.

The layout is so weird... so they're using the idea of the 5 Olympic Rings (3 on the top, 2 on the bottom)... but using the colours out of order? So weird. I guess the IOC would sue their a*s because of how litigious they are, but lol...

Game Time
Photographer: Charles Dennington
Styling: Kaila Matthews
Hair: Rory Rice, Georgia Ramman
Make Up: Isabella Schimid, Gillian Campbell
Athletes: Jessica Fox, Tyler Wright, Jack Robinson, Molly Picklum, Callum Peters, Tina Rahimi, Nina Kennedy, Chloe Covell, Torrie Lewis, Kaylee McKeown, Emma McKeon, Mary Fowler

Vogue Australia Digital

the reprints:
Bright Clothes, Big City - the Karen Elson, Yilan Hua edit from July Vogue UK
About Face - beauty edit by Peter Ash Lee from April Vogue China with Aliana King, Monica Majak, Salem Mitchell, Soo Joo Park

This editorial doesn't look like Vogue, it looks like it's from an indie magazine.

I personally think that the cover and editorial look fresh. I like the art direction because it is not overwhelming.

The amount of everything Olympic in fashion magazines is diametrical to the fashion magazine readers' interest for Olympic games.
Thank God it's only once in four years.

Cover looks like an add you see on Instagram.
Could look decent on a newsstand though with the white bordering, from a design stand point it's clear and to the point. Wich is typically the ask of sport advertisements; which this actually is. The global push by Condé Nast to reposition sports within fashion is interesting (annoying). The focus of it for VogueWorld (yes, I get it the games are in Paris) and now this cover being a clear reach from Anna Wintour's creative direction advisement to all editions of Vogue- one thing is clear, this editing team did not know what to do with it. I am sure official for the olympic games contracted with Condé Nast to ensure that the games would be front and center. The Olympics, no matter where it is always has the strongest PR reach, that no one can stop.

Feels like they did the easiest thing possible.

We've always had tennis making an appearance in Vogue, but there's also been a steady push for F1/motorsport over the last few years in various Conde Nast magazines, which I can understand from the point of just how much money is involved in that scene.

But what next? Trying to sell polo to the general public? Golf? Yachting (in the original sense)?

I really don't think there's a grand conspiracy theory with Anna and sports being featured in Vogue... during an Olympic year. At all. Especially when we consider which countries are putting athletes on their covers. It makes perfect sense for me that Australia (one of the countries that dominates at the summer Olympics) features their athletes on it.

I doubt the IOC is contacting Condé Nast to ~ensure~ that the games are front and center. In all reality, it's likely that Condé Nast needs the IOC more than the other way around. The IOC is one of the most corrupt organizations on the planet, but I think they have other concerns.

I dont mind the editorial but the cover looks like a collage from back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biancacoda
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->