Vogue Australia May 2022 by Jess James

I would have loved to see them smile, I like the composition, the styling is very glum though, especially with the beach setting and the sun: I totally agree with everyone else, they could have done much better. As far as the layout it's very simple but effective.

great for them for including indigenous women but like always it feels halfway done. Why not full indigenous women they
always have to sprinkle some white or mix in it.

Elaine George had a very beautiful cover back in 1993.
I like the thought of this cover but it is lacking any joy :( and I prefer VOGUEs when they showcase their own country \ culture ~ so I don’t want to be negative.

Everyone in fashion has such a depressing version of creativity.

Source : SMH.

5A4A40E2-7AB4-4EF8-A846-DE7E5A4F6A36.jpeg

I don't understand the goal of fashion magazine covers like this: "Oh, I have an idea, let's make everyone look terrible!!"

^^^ Absolutely. There’s no joy. No life. No transcendence from the everyday. No talent. Anyone could have styled, directed and shot such mundane imagery.

LOL @“good intentions”: Now Vogue is on the level of 10yo getting participation medal even when they haven’t earned it. There’s nothing in this coveshot that transcends a desktop production of the local church group promoting their charity fashion show.

And the only intention these fashion rags have is begging to increase likes/follows on their SM from a demographic that predominantly couldn’t care less for fashion let alone Vogue but clap along whenever there’s Black/Indigenous/plus-size presence lazily slapped on a cover of Vogue. Because if Vogue really cared about showcasing Indigenous presence in fashion, then they’d make the slightest of effort to style and shoot the women in their best light— instead of giving zero fcuks, and having them looking like they’re forced alongside one another like a classroom pic where the all girls can’t stand each other IRL.

Class photo covershots only work when the women are Supers and styled so unlike the mundane, like Anna’s Vogue Japan.

Class photo covershots only work when the women are Supers and styled so unlike the mundane, like Anna’s Vogue Japan.

Oh god, how I miss those glorious Luigi & Iango specials. Always glamorous, always fabulous! And they really had the best casts - and everyone looked stunning. Where is AdR?

Always wonderful to see homegrown talent on the cover of Vogue and this is no exception. I find the cover image itself quite lovely, love the beach setting and how each outfit helps make the image feel coherent and well executed. How amazing to see Elaine George back on the cover!

Great content, I must say. I like how this whole issue celebrates the Australian fashion. There are some good photos inside, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->