Vogue Brazil August 2024 : Raquel Zimmermann by Chris Colls

Raquel Zimmermann is a great model. I agree that this current hairstyle and makeup-free look is not working in her favor in photographs. My favorite is the close-up cover. There are a few good photos in the editorial.

The side boob shot is great, but the rest is just underwhelming so far. She's not giving it her best, the photographer is not giving it their best and the stylist seems to have taken the day off cause what she's wearing looks horrible.

I like the 2nd cover only.
she needs to STOP doing that expression of every single photo. it’s terrible.

however, the picture with the fur coat is stunning!

A VIDA REALMENTE COMEÇA AOS 40
Photography:
Chris Colls
Styling: Rita Lazzarotti
Hair: Didier Malige
Make-up: Frank B
Model: Raquel Zimmermann

weibo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't blame Raquel. She's giving her authentic interpretation. The real problem here is Vogue Brazil's frequent lack of vision and creativity.
Nearly 25 years of modeling and this is her authentic interpretation? Maybe it's time to retire then.

Even with a no-head clause (if that's true), they could have done a bun or a ponytail or even wigs! It's not that hard, aren't they creatives? Play around it

Also, Raquel isn't Naomi with a weave, so I don't understand the logic behind it. It's not like she is doing 30 editorials and 60 shows a season, her hair can suffer one or 2 simple blowdryer
Maybe she wants Chemena Chloe to call her?

If I saw at these photos without any previous knowledge of her career, I’d be surprised to learn that she’s been a top model for 20 years.
The cover story is focosed in her more as *person* than a supermodel, so I guess thats was the treatment for the photos too.

Love this! The closeup cover… she is fine art come to life. The shot with the fur… absolute perfection. Her natural look? The most refreshing thing I’ve seen in a magazine in ages. I’m not going to bend to the hate, lol. I can’t. This is something different and welcome!

I love Raquel but she’s giving the same facial expression in every picture, even her ads with cavalli and ferragamo. She’s modeling from neck to toe.

Raquel is a great model but she is a real model in a transformative way.
The kind of « branding » doesn’t work for her. She photographs well and give good poses but she is at her best when she is transformed.

This kind of Mother Nature/minimalist Queen aesthetic that editors are forcing on seasoned models is a bit exhausting.

It’s fine…And forgettable.

I'm mad they did this with her, she's a TRUE STAR of fashion and to allow this to be published is criminal:
- the second cover is amateur at best photography wise
- a REAL top international photographer should have been in charge
- the styling is boring
- that hairstyle needs to go

Raquel and Gisele should STOP RIGHT NOW to do this mother nature minimalist s**t. We need GLAMOUR on supermodels like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arshdaddy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->