Vogue China February 2008 : Du Juan

"kinna" and I mean kinna sexy? or fierce
I love her though!

Definitely her edgiest cover to date. I like how different she looks. December is still my favorite of hers though ^_^

I used to buy Vogue China every month.
but once i found out that DU JUAN is in almost every issue( cover/eds), i stopped. It's not like i don't like Du( I respect her as a chinese model), but it really bores me to death. Same face every month:doh::doh:

I used to buy Vogue China every month.
but once i found out that DU JUAN is in almost every issue( cover/eds), i stopped. It's not like i don't like Du( I respect her as a chinese model), but it really bores me to death. Same face every month:doh::doh:
Agreed!

I think they should choose more models to express the magazine. Shouldn't Vogue be versatile both in style and model choosing?
But I'm still buying this issue, for it's the new beginning of S/S 08. I hope the eds inside won't disappoint me again.

I thought Vogue China had this whole crackdown with the editors and all?

Du is soo beautiful but vogue china really needs to start using different models I mean Lily Donaldson has also been on the cover wayy too many times..

I thought Vogue China had this whole crackdown with the editors and all?
NOT AT ALL. Actually, with all the changes, the mag is supposed to get better in the future.^_^

I love the cover.She looks scary but very beautiful

Du is beautiful as always but I prefer her December cover.

Du is soo beautiful but vogue china really needs to start using different models I mean Lily Donaldson has also been on the cover wayy too many times..
I love Du Juan but...
Where are all the chineses models?

NOT AT ALL. Actually, with all the changes, the mag is supposed to get better in the future.^_^

What changes are you referring to? Maybe make the covers easier on the eyes with less writing, new variety of models, new cover photographers? Do tell. :-)

What changes are you referring to? Maybe make the covers easier on the eyes with less writing, new variety of models, new cover photographers? Do tell. :-)
I think that she's referring to the recent change of the editors. It is said some of them resigned together.

^ Let's hope there's a coup on their hands, maybe due to one certain editor?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a nice shot of her.

She gets to front at least 3 or 4 VC covers per year. I bought the Jan issue and when i flip through it, i can see her face almost everywhere.

here are some highlights of the issue
sorry I don't have time to scan anything.

Cover
photographer is Mario Sorrenti, stylist is Andrew Richardson

The Golden Age of Yu Nan
(6 pages of photos + 2 pages of text)
photographer: Elle von Unwerth
stylist: Grace Lam

Chinese New Wave
(11 pages of photos, also with some pages of text introducing the designers like Derek Lam, Phillip Lim, Andrew Gn, etc.)
photographer: Kai Z Feng
models: Pei Bei, Liu Wen

Simply White (9 pages)
photographer: Kai Z Feng
model: Liu Wen

Tough Girls (3 pages)
photographer: Jeong-Hyun Lee
stylist: Ling
model: Liu Wen

Jessica Stam's Day in Fashion Week (4 pages)

Vogue Beauty: The Colour Game (7 pages)
photographer: Eric Maillet
models: Chin, Hye Park

Skin Care: Green Slate (6 pages)
photographer: John Akehurst
model: Eugeniya

main editorials:

Viva Forever (18 pages)
photographer: Greg Kadel
stylist: Mattias Karlsson
models: Masha Novosolova, Liu Wen

Remixed Stripes (10 pages)
photographer: Cedric Buchet
stylist: Beat Bolliger
model: Behati Prinsloo

Mystic Dreamland (10 pages) (all clothes featured are from the Fendi on the Great Wall show I think)
photographer: Karl Lagerfeld
stylist: Karl Lagerfeld
models: some Chinese models... don't know their English names

Supplement: SS08 Fashion Trend Collections

All the eds in this issue are original (if I remember correctly) :woot:. They only reprinted some articles like the Vogue US's Kate Hudson article.

as usual there are lots of Du Juan related things in the issue, like some photos of behind the scene of the cover shooting, an article of Du Juan's Weekend and many Yue Sai ads and even Yue Sai ads behind the scene photos :lol: but I think Vogue China has found their new favourite model... Liu Wen. seriously 4 eds in 1 issue!?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good that Vogue China use a mostly Chniese model cast for their eds.

And the title 'Viva Forever' is great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->