Vogue China January 2018 : Cara Taylor by Roe Ethridge

MDNA

Reaction score

weibo.com/voguechina

Another tragic year for VC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy for Cara, she looks good. What a sad cover though.

Maybe these really boring covers sell well in China?

Wow, what a grim start to 2018! I'm assuming it was styled by Daniela Paudice. This is so depressing, nothing works. It's looks more like a preview than a cover.

Still, happy for Cara's first OG Vogue cover. I knew China would be the first to back her. After all, they're gaga over Kris Grikaite.

This is awfully boring and I can't remember 1 single picture of Roe Etheridge's work, it's not memorable at all.

Yes! Cara + Celine on the cover!
NO! The cover is awful!

The pose is boring but the styling and her face are everything!!!

Cara looks undoubtedly great but I agree it's a sad cover. Flat and gloomy. Terrible cover.

“BE BOLD”… and she’s cowering in the corner with a huge blanket under a muddy masshead LOL

Don’t think that it’s a matter of selling well as much as the Chinese in general tend to be easily convinced of the latest trends in fashion as long as it’s dictated by a brand name: Unfortunately in this case, it’s that dour, dimly-lit “realism”/normcore depression that’s somehow mistaken for “raw” in HF. Emperor’s new clothes and all that …

Happy for Cara, but the styling is so stupid. She's literally standing there wearing a blanket.

FACE! Cara looks soo stunning. :wub:

Boring cover tho. What a waste of such a great model.

If this was a close up of her face it would be a knock out

Well, if being bold looks like this, then I will have a pass.

Yes! Cara + Celine on the cover!
NO! The cover is awful!

Literally MTE.

Should Meisel ever return to VI's front cover again anytime soon, I need him to shoot this girl and do her true justice :heart:.

They must be very bold to put "be bold" on that not so very bold cover.

Boy! What has happened to this edition? Why so glum, why so "indie magazine" (for a while now actually)!

^Indeed!! They’ve converted the magazine into an Indie magazine, a desperate one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->