Vogue China June 2018 : Luna Bijl & Hugh Hu by Paolo Roversi

Newsstand Cover

Tmall Exclusive Covers

Bonus Posters (Tmall Exclusive)

weibo.com/voguechina

Why not, I like him! :lol: He's tall. Plus you can't deny that he's cute. Although this cover isn't about that.

He's never the right choice for a Fashion magizine like VOGUE,and angelica give him way too many bookings which is annoying!!!
And the only reason why the cover looks good is paolo roversi not hu

yes, local celebrities with western models just don't work, yet they still keep doing that, cause they want to sale well at market while maintain international image, how convenient

That’ why I recently kind of despise Angelica.She actually knows how to make a good fashion magazine but she comes begging to the market.The pursuit of sales is not guilty,however,Angelica chooses such an unseemly way to do so.

yes, local celebrities with western models just don't work, yet they still keep doing that, cause they want to sale well at market while maintain international image, how convenient

Doesn't help that the girls are 10, 20 years younger than the male celebrity. It always looks awkward. Vogue US love pairing young models with older male actors too though.

I would have loved the Prada cover had Luna's face not been a blurry mess. It looks like they pasted her head from a different resolution image onto another body.

For once I like ALL the covers of Vogue China once again !!!!

looks very dated like a dreary ghost story.Paolo's work is very predictable. Why don't they go with some young and upcoming photographer for a change?

They don’t even care to be wardrobe-appropriate for the month anymore LOL A huge leather coat for June…. Blatant commerce all the way.

Paolo can’t/won’t be allowed to do anything but his tiresome blurry, gentile romantic signature. The Prada shot is the only one that remotely resonates with a summery vibe if I were force to choose. At least there’s a sense that there’s some life there— with the windblown scarf and the seamless resembling sand/sand dunes… That newstand cover is so weekly department-store flyer, complete with Hugh's the one hand in the pocket and one hand on the woman’s back pose…

The VC that excites from a decade ago is long dead.

The shot of them together doesn't work at all, Luna looks far too young and like a little girl in comparison to him. I'm not a fan of her solo cover in the green Prada look either, her posture and pose don't look good. The sitting down shot is gorgeous though (even if you can see that ugly Dior underwear). They should have just had two separate covers; that one, and Hugh's original shot. They're the best by far.

They don’t even care to be wardrobe-appropriate for the month anymore LOL A huge leather coat for June…. Blatant commerce all the way.

Paolo can’t/won’t be allowed to do anything but his tiresome blurry, gentile romantic signature. The Prada shot is the only one that remotely resonates with a summery vibe if I were force to choose. At least there’s a sense that there’s some life there— with the windblown scarf and the seamless resembling sand/sand dunes… That newstand cover is so weekly department-store flyer, complete with Hugh's the one hand in the pocket and one hand on the woman’s back pose…

The VC that excites from a decade ago is long dead.

agree, for june issue, it's way too warm and gloomy.

章鱼胡歌甜蜜美满!
flop as hell...i loathe what angelica has been doing for years without any passion and inspiration. Dull.

weibo.com/voguechina

Pretty predictable, it’s not working.

So when it was Demarchelier in 2-3 Vogues every month with same basic sh*t he wasn't predictable, but Roversi doing only a couple eds per year is and worth complaining about LOL

The whole shoot is bland enough. However, the duo shots are so painful (even more painful than Hugh's stuffy, outdated Armani wardrobe). They're not even acknowledging one another.

That's one issue I won't even be bothered to flip through.

Thanks MDNA.

I love the Hugh Hu solo pictures, one of my favorites of the year so far, but Luna's look like beginner photoshop manipulations of some random fashion magazine image. She's not there at all and it's nearly painful to look at.

Hu Ge looks so good in these shots. Stunning portraits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->