Vogue China June 2020 : Billie Eilish by Nick Knight

This edition is so out of touch right now. Most of the Vogues made special and double months issues because the pandemic, and this looks like "nothing happened here". I find it a bit insensitive.

This edition is so out of touch right now. Most of the Vogues made special and double months issues because the pandemic, and this looks like "nothing happened here". I find it a bit insensitive.
The peak of the epidemic in China was in February. And the March issue did address it if I’m not mistaken. It had the cover line “Standing Strong”.

i think she looks amazing! the other pictures of her look great as well. the photographers work had so much depth, and she looks beautiful like usual. her image is so powerful and i love what she stands for

Each to their own opinion, but I see literally nothing powerful about this image, except for my boredom of such covers and her as a subject (boredom is indeed powerful here, yup).

However, kudos to Nick Knight and stylists - they covered her tired green strokes, there is no hoodie in here, and no dumb effects. This is the second best effort after one of those Vogue US covers. But that doesn't mean it's good.

The less hair you see, the better a cover of hers looks like. It like this one, as I liked the US cover by Ethan James Green. Her music is indeed nice, but I just can't swallow her visual appearance.

I quite like it. I'm surprised her signature long neon nails weren't part of the picture.

Why does she always look like she's about to fall asleep? Is that her 'thing'?
Fed up seeing this girl everywhere. And the styling is horrendous.
first of all yes its her 'thing' and no need to and say your fed up of seeing her everywhere theres no need to say that. this woman is incredible okay she has made a successful career for herself not only is she talented but she is beautiful. its fine if you dont like her but dont comment stuff thats not positive because she is only a human being and has feeling but if you was to comment something negative add some positivity to it aswell not alwyas come from one side,as humans we should uplift and not alwyas be negative its good to make people feel better about themselves because thats a loving thing to do . but everyone is entitled to their own opinion but some opinios should be kept to themselves.

Last edited:
Billie is a gorgeous, talented girl and this cover is one of the best Vogue China has produced in a while, if you ask me. It's a bit Handmaid's Tale; it is cold and detached from any emotions, the modern dream of being left alone but getting praise for looking flawless.

FYI, the worst period of the pandemic in China was in February. And the March issue was finished under that circumstance. There were rumors that the original March cover story was another one and Angelica Cheung changed it last minute to Chris Lee's story to convey the positive message of "staying strong".

I understand that many places are still going through perhaps the most difficult times right now, but the situation in China is getting much better. People are recovering and trying to get back to normal life: malls and restaurants are open again, people go to work and go to parks and outdoor venues during the weekend. Still people are cautious and wearing masks all the time. It's still a long way but we have hopes.

Regarding to this cover story, according to Angelica's weibo post, it was shot in LA after this year's Grammy Awards and before the breakout of the pandemic.

Yeesh, we officially have stans on tFS now :rofl:

I like Billie but the more exposure she gets in fashion, the less she appeals to me. I don't like this and I don't think her personal style (although the message behind it is very sweet) is worthy of all this embrace by the industry. Just because she's a beautiful, young and successful pop star doesn't mean she has to be present in fashion as well.
And some hideous Burberry comes like icing on this stale cake...

PREVIEW
Photographer:
Nick Knight
Stylist: Daniela Paudice
Hair: Mara Roszak
Make-Up: Robert Rumsey
Model/Celebrity: Billie Eilish

weibo.com

first of all yes its her 'thing' and no need to and say your fed up of seeing her everywhere theres no need to say that. this woman is incredible okay she has made a successful career for herself not only is she talented but she is beautiful. its fine if you dont like her but dont comment stuff thats not positive because she is only a human being and has feeling but if you was to comment something negative add some positivity to it aswell not alwyas come from one side,as humans we should uplift and not alwyas be negative its good to make people feel better about themselves because thats a loving thing to do . but everyone is entitled to their own opinion but some opinios should be kept to themselves.

Is TikTok experiencing an outage?

This is tiresome already. And I'm not charmed in the least.
She's boring.
Fashion is all about dressing the body, yet, she is all about wearing clothes to hide her body. She say's we're to blame for critiquing her, but she made it an issue.
The anti- fashion kid who insists on being in/ on every fashion magazine issue, proving it does matter to her more than us, further making her insecurities an issue.
It's phoney.
If there were a model or any other actress on this cover and the images were done well and beautiful, no one would miss Billie at all.

The stan joined TfS TODAY to just defend the cover in all-bold? Why not just make a thread on Twitter how disliking a Billie Eilish Vogue cover is misogynistic or something? Anyway: I dont seem to hate the cover as much as others. Its very Billie and I dont expect anything other than self-promotion from a celebrity cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->