Vogue China June 2024 : Liu Wen by Wing Shya

Because top advertisers (LVMH, Kering, Richemont, Swatch, Estee Lauder etc) would not buy ad pages on her magazine, she was forced to turn to local designer brands. Then slowly she was disguised as The Savior of Chinese designer brand...We all know these brands are cultivated by the showroom and PR business. Some capital are pushing them very hard.

This sounds like a win to me. Let those wealthy Chinese that read Vogue get to know more about local brands instead of local brands getting squeezed out by international corporations.

Boring stuff....
For those who praise this sort of work, please just check what Carine Roitfeld did for Vogue Paris.
I understand how tough it is to create something new in an extremely boring period where collections are dull and gender awareness are everywhere, but this work is just so disappointing.

It's too thin for a send-off issue with just 180 pages. Du Juan has a feature on the Vogue Plus supplement but she isn't on the cover. They also recreated Margaret's first cover story in one of the inside editorials.

Honestly, just wondering who is MATT MCDONALD (the recent Art Director under Margaret's Vogue China)? I never get the point of his work at all :rolleyes: I have tried to search his previous work in the media industry, however find nothing... There is no talented contributing Fashion(Art) Director in VOGUE China for a long time and their own Fashion Director seems not qualified for the position.

Beautiful covers. I love the cinematography of the editorial and there couldn't be a better model than Liu Wen to star in it.

Liu Wen is mesmerizing as always, of course, and her story is gorgeous. But that Samuel Gui Yang dress is the most hideous design in an era of hideous designs. It’s so literal, so juvenile in its cut-and-paste East-meets-West concept, like something a 13yo would conjure.

And it’s all nice to advocate supporting their own designers. But when your local talents— as shown in the ModelMayhem-produced slop of the following story, all look like fashions made from tinfoil, cheese cloth and crepe paper from a grade 7 art class. This sort of DIY fashion is not going to sustain your Vogue nor the local economy.

Vogue China June 2024.jpg
1 Vogue China June 2024.jpg2 Vogue China June 2024.jpg3 Vogue China June 2024.jpg4 Vogue China June 2024.jpg5 Vogue China June 2024.jpg6 Vogue China June 2024.jpg7 Vogue China June 2024.jpg8 Vogue China June 2024.jpg9 Vogue China June 2024.jpg10 Vogue China June 2024.jpg11 Vogue China June 2024.jpg12 Vogue China June 2024.jpg

13 Vogue China June 2024.jpg14 Vogue China June 2024.jpg15 Vogue China June 2024.jpg16 Vogue China June 2024.jpg17 Vogue China June 2024.jpg18 Vogue China June 2024.jpg19 Vogue China June 2024.jpg
Vogue China June 2024

LOOOOOOOVE Liu's cover !!! The editorial doesn't make any sense and I don't get the story but DAMN she works it and every shot is magic. That girl is a superstar :clap: :heart:

Liu is a international top model. She can rock any job she scores. I don't know how many years she has been a model (from the 2000s?), but this lady work is legendary. It's always for the win, no matter if the brand or magazine has a low quality reputation.

I won’t miss Margaret Zhang. She was boring and lucky that Chinese talents were there to save her horrible works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->