Vogue China May 2017 : Liu Wen by Terry Richardson

ChicSaks

Reaction score
69410d43ly1fect4jjz2lj20z819gk3m.jpg

instagram vogue china

a Vogue cover by Terry Richardson? what's wrong with the EIC of Vogue China?

I this a supplement? Even the layout screams supplement

bit of a mess. I can't believe people try to act like Vogue China is now the most important Vogue over the 'big 4'. Come on, their covers are usually misses and the fonts always look cheap. Good to see Liu Wen though!

^who acts like Vogue China is most important?

this screams Vogue Japan to me.

Terry did the cover shoot for the December issue last year, so it's not the first time they book him. #shame

I thought it's Grazia China lol. They seem to make the cover more vivid by using the new layouts, but the cheap fonts make it worse, and the hair and makeup don't work well on Liu Wen.

This looks very generic, happy for Liu though. What are the chances of Terry retiring (since people continue to hire him) and giving other photographers a chance?

^who acts like Vogue China is most important?

They are important to the fashion industry. In terms of ad revenue they're currently one of the most profitable Vogue editions (second only after American Vogue). The Apple watch, for instance, made its debut on this edition and that was a powerful statement, imo.

Even if Terry's name wasn't attached to this shot I'd still hate on it. Everything just looks tepid, but I'm glad for Liu Wen and the consistent support this magazine is giving her.

I'm more intrigued by the fact that if you pay close attention, you can actually see the outline of Liu's body on this cover. Very odd for Vogue China.

I like it. It would've been much better if it was Vogue Japan though!

Shame on you for using Terry! And the result is just as bad.

Magazines are hiring Richardson, and he's churning out conventional work and keeping himself clean at the moment, so we'll soon reach a point where objecting to him will seem like people are making a fuss over nothing. "But that behaviour was in the past..."

Fashion has a short memory. Well, let's face it, fashion has no conscience in the first place.

Photgrapher: Terry Richardson
Stylist: Daniela Paudice

Photographer: DaCai
Stylist: Candy Lee

WeChat / Vogue China

Last edited by a moderator:
VC, much like American Vogue, is all about name brands shooting name brands wearing name brands. That’s what their readers want (and the endless spreads on beauty products…)

With American Vogue, there’ll always be the stench of Hollywood lingering about, and if you like that sort of thing, then maybe it’s a tad better than VC in that respect. But look elsewhere if you want creativity and high fashion dreams.

Liu is always beautiful but the styling is terible.

VC, much like American Vogue, is all about name brands shooting name brands wearing name brands. That’s what their readers want (and the endless spreads on beauty products…)

With American Vogue, there’ll always be the stench of Hollywood lingering about, and if you like that sort of thing, then maybe it’s a tad better than VC in that respect. But look elsewhere if you want creativity and high fashion dreams.

AGREED 300% however I used to like the previous 5 years of Vogue China where that was a dreamy quality to their editorial stories, now it is clearly like a PURE CATALOGUE madness.

Poor Liu, she deserves better than this. Sad to see Vogue China regressing so much, their May cover in 2015 with Sasha Luss was sublime..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->