Vogue China September 2023 : He Cong by Leslie Zhang

Stunning cover and editorial. Hopefully that tagline refers to what the other Vogue editors are up to.

Does anyone have a page count for this issue?

A rather stunning cover from Vogue China! I love how bold and graphic it is, and how it feels fashion-forward despite the sporting theme. The green Robert Wun dress is gorgeous, as is the composition and I do like the strong sense of vintage glamour this gives me. One of the strongest September covers, without a shadow of a doubt.

Does anyone have a page count for this issue?

252 pages. The actual cover looks different than what they had posted online.
Not a fan of their Vogue Plus supplement's cover this month.

252 pages. The actual cover looks different than what they had posted online.
Not a fan of their Vogue Plus supplement's cover this month.
Wow, very small for Vogue China. Their September issues in years past rivaled the biggest issues American Vogue ever put out, if I remember correctly.

Great issue, everything is sports themed except for the reprints.

Most disappointing September issue of them all since it’s the one with the most potential. Besides being the September issue, it’s also the lone Vogue that’s dedicated to an athletic event, so the creative possibilities, and potential to showcase a Season’s fashion with the perspective and in the aesthetic of athleteisurewear would have been a fresh take on the Season’s offerings. All 5 originals athletic-themed shoots are Chinese, and it’s a great concept that relevant to the games, they’re so weakly executed that they blur into one another, with the brand of styling that’s more appropriate for a sports bra and leggings company, like Gap's Athleta. It’s all boring, basic and bland. This new generation of creatives are by far the most conservative, reserved, and creatively-bankrupt of any generation. When Helmut Newton can produce such an iconic imagery of serpentine forms Shirley Mallman and Kylie Bax in Dolce, with such lightness, finesse and effortless athletic grace and strength— just one of so many of his take on athletic couture, surely people still in the prime of their creative endurance, and with all the advanced technologies to aid them, can at least make the effort. But guess not: We truly are in the Age of the Lessers. This issue already feels like Marge’s run out of steam.

The other 2 mandated reprints, Scott Trindle’s Burberry advertorial and Charlotte Wale’s of celebs w/ theatre performers are tired— but at least that horrid Rafael slop that’s force onto every Western Vogue isn't included here.

image-asset.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->