Vogue Czechoslovakia February 2020 : Carla Bruni & Carolyn Murphy

What does the muse of Gianni Versace and Karl Lagerfeld, the former #FirstLadyOfFrance, successful singer and knight of the Order of Arts and Literature have in common with the most famous Czech saint?

I'd actually like to know this - otherwise her cover story looks like the Instagram of a fifty-year-old former goth who's got a rich husband.

Carla's editorial does nothing for me. Carolyn's, on the other hand, looks incredible.

While both covers and accompanying edits are actually decent efforts, nothing really meshes for me. Not the images, the effects, the styling, the story. Especially Carla's edit. I often feel that this magazine tries way too hard to be cool and edgy and as a result comes off as pretentious.

I mean, it's really good, but these two women have no relevancy or importancy for the Czech and Slovak audience. I wonder who they are trying to impress and why? In addition to the fact that their first issues were completely dedicated to the symbols of the two countries.
My sentiments exactly. I've had this problem since issue two, really. I guess they're just trying to prove themselves. The question is, who ever cares?

Both covers and eds are great but I'm super happy to see Carla.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->