Vogue Czechoslovakia February 2023 : Carmen Kass by Claire Rothstein

"hot acutally" ?
looks like a stripper ad from somewhere in LA...
a big waste of a supermodel, poor Carmen for meeting this untalented Vogue team

The first cover works for me to an extent, but I've never been big on the CS approach honestly. They're always hit or miss for me and unfortunately this one falls slightly more within the miss section.

I dont mind that cover, it's always good to see Carmen!
But what bothers me is the fact that the image is too similar in mood and composition to famous (or infamous) Paulina Porizkova's cover from may 2021. They started to repeat themselves.

Love the first one, actually. Hope we'll get to see the editorial soon.

I love how soft the pink is. If I could change things up a bit, wouldn’t it have been better if she smirked on the first cover? Remember Carmen’s infamous smirk? When she strutted the runways, that impish yet familiar pseudo-smile that made her so unique and magnetic.

I love Carmen so much that I won't mind the concept. Seeing her on the cover of anything is always a pleasure.

I like the second cover a lot. The first one would work if they overexposed her skin. She looks tired. If the ed is good I might buy this issue just for Carmen.

^^^ Absolutely stellar shot.

Decadent, sexual fembot, and even a hint of Terry Richardson’s humour. All the elements that are considered faux-pas in these bland, common fashion days.

The beginner’s Photoshop class of the gradient transparent masking coverline ruins an otherwise solid tribute to Franca’s Vogue.

Last edited:
^^^ Absolutely stellar shot.

Decadent, sexual fembot, and even a hint of Terry Richardson’s humour. All the elements that are considered faux-pas in these bland, common fashion days.

The beginner’s Photoshop class of the gradient transparent masking coverline ruins an otherwise solid tribute to Franca’s Vogue.
Thats cause they always use the glossy effect on the taglines and logo (i dont know the name in english, but this technic in portuguese its called Verniz Localizado)

Thats cause they always use the glossy effect on the taglines and logo (i dont know the name in english, but this technic in portuguese its called Verniz Localizado)

and in case of Vogue CS, that effect makes the print cover feels more elevated. I have a few and you can barely see the text, that makes you appreciate more the photo.

Spot varnish!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->