Reaction score

BARRAS Y ESTRELLA
Photographer: Bjorn Iooss
Stylist: Juan Cebrián
Hair: Joey George
Make-Up: Sil Bruinsma
Model: Taylor Hill

Vogue España Digital Edition

Boring! The first pic from the editorial with the right layout could have been a wonderful cover. I like Taylor but she's terrible at posing, I'd focus on her stunning face.

↑ Taylor Hill (on the Cover) wears Carolina Herrera RESORT 2018.

https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/resort-2018/carolina-herrera#collection

Boring! The first pic from the editorial with the right layout could have been a wonderful cover. I like Taylor but she's terrible at posing, I'd focus on her stunning face.

Vast majority of the clothes are [naturally, very pricey ordered from] Carolina Herrera, and considering that Taylor Hill is one of the new face of the perfume 212 VIP Rosé de Carolina Herrera, I think it's pretty self-explanatory why the accent is actually on the clothes, not on the model itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
JÓVENES PRODIGIOSAS
Photographer: Álvaro Beamud
Stylist: Sara Fernández
Hair: Noelia Corral
Make-Up: Paco Garrigues
Model: Lucía López, África Peñalver & Nuria Rothschild

COWBOY DE MEDIA NOCHE
Photographer: Boo George
Stylist: Marina Gallo
Hair: Kei Terada
Make-Up: Petros Petrohilos
Model: Hana Jirickova

That dress is too much for Taylor, her awkward pose shows it all. And it's veey similar to the lookbook shot. Not a winning look nor cover. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a really good cover of hers. Cosmo, perhaps?

I do like the Beamud edit. The studio shots look like they could be by Meisel, and the girls are pretty.

Not a cover worthy shot, she is stunning, but this is such a non event for me. In fact the new EIC seems to lack the talent for striking cover images. I don't like that dress either.

The other content looks decent for January.

Thanks a million for sharing Zorka. :heart:

Could someone teach her AT LEAST to pose well??? :rolleyes: ... However I really like the editorial ``JÓVENES PRODIGIOSAS´´, it´s very Italian Vogue yes :smile:

The new EIC is amazing journalist....but that don't necessarily translate in great EIC....she needs someone who can find better and more striking images to use as covers...The only memorable work i saw of Taylor was her POP editorial...maybe she needs more direction,what unfortunately lacks here.

This image doesn't work as a cover. Hate this dress too. The first image in the editorial would have been a beautiful cover, though. I love the editorial by Boo George, Hana Jirickova looks great as usual.

and also is it me or Hana Hirickova did this urban cowboy millions of times right? for other magazines...

Could someone teach her AT LEAST to pose well??? :rolleyes: ... However I really like the editorial ``JÓVENES PRODIGIOSAS´´, it´s very Italian Vogue yes :smile:

Yes,
Taylor is Gorgeous!
That editorial is not.
I blame Iooss.
When you have a model that beautiful, it should make your job easier.

Thanks so much to Zorka for posting the cover and the editorials, looks like a pretty decent issue. The cover story photoshoot with Taylor Hill and the Hana Jirickova editorial are gorgeous.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks gorgeous, but the posing is a little awkward, like you can tell she doesn't feel comfortable in the clothes. And was it really necessary for the to write 'on the cover, Taylor Hill'? She looks too far left on the cover which is also bothering me. The first or fifth editorial shots would have worked far better imo.

You know a cover is not good when the lookbook shot is better than the actual shot of the cover. :lol:

and also is it me or Hana Hirickova did this urban cowboy millions of times right? for other magazines...

Oh, definitely. Her and Vita F. basically just do the same editorials over and over.

More often than not, I despise full-length cover images but this actually works here with Taylor and I find the cover overall quite attractive. Yeah, might not admire it enough to make a purchase (Raquel's cover for November being an instant must-have) but I'm liking this for sure.

And without a doubt that opening shot of Taylor in #1 would've been the cover image if Yolanda Sacristan were still at the helm. A nice gold, white or red/pink masthead and the image would've just come to life! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->