Vogue France June/July 2022 : Raquel Zimmermann by Théo de Gueltzl

It's a neigh from me. Also the text looks as bad as me doing the cover challenge.

I am happy to see Raquel landing another French Vogue cover (and her first OG one). But it's so sad that it's in this current status of downgrading Vogues era... I might get this one after stopping purchasing since the new shared content strategy.

And interesting to see they marked the "collaboration" as the big selling point this time. I am wondering if the three editions will share the cover stories with each other? I don't think that horrible models ed in the June issues of Vogue US and UK fits the theme of this "collaboration" though...

I like it. It’s eye catching and I like the colors and movement.

Vogue Spain did it so much better. This one looks depressing and uninviting.

at this point, I’ll take it! Hopefully Alt’s tradition of gorgeous summer June/July and August issues remain part of the French Vogue ethos.

Looking forward to receiving my copy for the first time since the issue with Isabelle Huppert!

nauuuuuuur!
I like it but loathe the hair.
at least we know that there will be good pictures inside.

I’ll take it and will finally buy another Vogue France issue (being the last one I purchased the first edition).

nauuuuuuur!
I like it but loathe the hair.
at least we know that there will be good pictures inside.

I’ll take it and will finally buy another Vogue France issue (being the last one I purchased the first edition).
Same here

I hate when they removes the G! Put it on the back, do something but don’t remove it…

I like the cover because it’s very VP, I get the intention and there’s something interesting about it. The outfit makes it very difficult to like. That Jacquemus thing is so tortured! That cover deserved a chiffon dress or a biais cut dress… It’s maybe too much to ask to Jacquemus tho.

I only really like this because it is Raquel and there's a Jamie Hawkesworth quality to the lighting that I find really serene.

However, that outfit... I didn't even realise it was Jacquemus until I read the caption and it's ironic that they said "How can we talk of the south without thinking of Jacquemus" and it is an extremely complicated, overwrought, unflattering and poorly styled look. I can excuse the hair and I can excuse the facial expression because the former would have worked with a better, lighter outfit and the latter is probably the result of being somewhat uncomfortable with that outfit.

This is the Raquel Zimmermann. How dare they do this to her.

I like the idea, and i love that Raquel get another Vogue ex-Paris cover but yes the look specially the bottom ruins everything....sometime stylists need to go back a little bit...although i like the idea of white....

Still i'm sure it's gonna be a short story and the other contents will be so bad....hope to be wrong...but I'm hoping month after month lol....

They need to bring a EIC for France and Italy, two of the biggest fashion markets and they have this directionless magazines and make this better Edward cannot do it and he can keep Germany and Spain....

Eugénie is so clueless as well all that Vogue Ex-Paris team...

Poor Raquel. Sadly this is only her second cover of French Vogue and they made her look terrible again! At least her eyes are open on this one I suppose?

Its almost perfect minus the stupid hair. reminds me of Vogue Paris 13-15 yrs ago too

I like the idea, and i love that Raquel get another Vogue ex-Paris cover but yes the look specially the bottom ruins everything....sometime stylists need to go back a little bit...although i like the idea of white....

Still i'm sure it's gonna be a short story and the other contents will be so bad....hope to be wrong...but I'm hoping month after month lol....

They need to bring a EIC for France and Italy, two of the biggest fashion markets and they have this directionless magazines and make this better Edward cannot do it and he can keep Germany and Spain....

Eugénie is so clueless as well all that Vogue Ex-Paris team...
I hope some publication would bought/license Vogue Paris exclusively so it could retain its own Parisian identity….

Seems no one is happy about the "first" crossover between the former Vogue Paris and Vogue Italia (Spain, you're the random secret lover here). The 3 covers together work great as a set, love the colors of the logos. Sadly, this edition didn't put the word "Mediterranean" alone, as Italy and Spain did. A silly point, but I don't know. I don't hate what she's wearing. First I forgive blonde Elvis cover, then Millie's for Mexico and now this. I'm so sorry for my taste guys, I like a few things from each cover, but I agree these aren't perfect. What a weird summer, I think the first we have close to the pre pandemic times (in terms of mood but not in quality, sadly).

283847187_7528573207183797_9004760997042190182_n.jpg 284586316_707808847087538_6525100715634040051_n.jpg 283934260_569626508057745_3342760141321627165_n.jpg

Vogue France/Italia/España IG.

Last edited:
I actually like this, getting mermaid vibes in a more modern way

I love it! Guess I'm the only one lol. I actually love the hair, the pose, the colors, the facial expression. And I see somehow the ''Venus'' inspiration. For me everything works.

Also, always nice to see Raquel!

You're not, I love it too! I think it's gorgeous.
Quite surprised that it's not a hit on the forum given that anything Raquel appeared in has always been praised as stunning on principle.

For me it's finally a Vogue France cover image that's about nothing other than fashion. In fact it looks like an editorial outtake from Alt.

Great cover imo,!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->