Vogue France June/July 2024 : Gigi Hadid by Bardia Zeinali

Probably taken from the same Gigi-does-sports editorial that was at the back of the current Vogue España.

Oh yes, let the awful fashion + sport combinations begin!

I know, tFS is all about Carine, Carine, Carine... but imagine an editor having the nerve to but world-class athlete on the cover mid-swim, showing off the latest water-proof mascara (tragic 1970s eyebrows notwithstanding) in the 2020s. Well, Francine Crescent did it this in the 70s. Carine would never. Alt would never. Eugenie could never.

1716917602787.png
my scan

I really love this cover! I know it's basically a screenshot from the promo video but it works! I'll be happy to get this issue.

Also, if US Vogue does another Olympic cover for August I doubt GiGi will be cover model now that she's fronting Vogue France

No one makes Nike so high-end looking like Carine. And this is from 20 years ago....

This! In addition to Natasha Poly's cover from June/July 2004, which perfectly incorporated the 2004 Olympics. Even April 2007 with Lara Stone.

Honestly, this is just tragic. The cover shot is FAR from cover-worthy, it's blurry AF, completely out of focus and an eyesore. The art direction is a mess, as is Gigi's pose, the gymnasts in the background, the random trophy next to Gigi - it's ALL just so poorly executed.

Honestly, I'm just so fed up of seeing all the same people in covers, that I just can't even bother anymore. And in the past months there has been an aggressive push of nepos and others. Enough is enough!

the concept is cool but Gigi is not the right casting choice

Would have loved a classic sexy summer French Vogue cover like we used to get… this is a little dark for a June/July issue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->