Vogue France November 2023 : Victoria Beckham by Lachlan Bailey

Emmanuelle did a fantastic job with her for her joined cover with David years ago.
This is not her best profile and it does not look genuine.
We want glamour from VB!

I like the cover, but the editorial is 100% catalog material. Nice photos, but they don't look like they belong in a fashion magazine.

The edit and styling is so sterile and not in a good way...they had the elements to make it right but or it was the direction taken, or it was just a bad day... they insist to put her all oversized pieces in uncomfortable positions, that simply doesnt work...

This reminds me a bit of her Oct 2016 UK Vogue cover - also shot by Lachlan Bailey - although the editorial inside was more casual than the vibe of the cover, with its big coat and autumnal colours (vogue.co.uk).

Vogue-Oct16-Cover.jpg

Apparently no one is willing to outdo Victoria’s April 2008 cover of British Vogue by Nick Knight, which remains the absolute gold standard of Victoria’s Vogue covers.

Nevertheless, I don’t hate this. At the very least, the chosen cover photograph this month is worthy of a cover, the autumnal covers are lovely and it’s Lachlan Bailey behind the lens. Despite Victoria’s glum/tired expression here, I’ve genuinely got no complaints.

Apparently no one is willing to outdo Victoria’s April 2008 cover of British Vogue by Nick Knight, which remains the absolute gold standard of Victoria’s Vogue covers.

Nevertheless, I don’t hate this. At the very least, the chosen cover photograph this month is worthy of a cover, the autumnal covers are lovely and it’s Lachlan Bailey behind the lens. Despite Victoria’s glum/tired expression here, I’ve genuinely got no complaints.
i've loved her Vogue Spain cover..it was good and nice tones....

Looking at my digital copy, it's 172 pages. There's a reprint of the UK Vogue 'just stand in a field' fashion edit early in this issue, there's also a reprint of an accessories edit from Vogue Italia.

There's the cover story, then a reprint of Lubezki's Mexico City shoot, a reprint of Angelina Jolie's US Vogue story, a reprint of Lila Moss by Larissa Hofmann, and then a reprint of the 70s-heading-towards-80s edit from UK Vogue, opening with an image of Jodie Foster from the time. And then we're at the end.

VICTORIA BECKHAM LA VOIE ROYALE
Photography:
Lachlan Bailey
Styling: Kate Phelan
Hair: Shon
Make-up: Petros Petrohilos
Model/Designer: Victoria Beckham

Vogue France Digital Edition

Last edited:
L' HEURE BLEUE
Photography:
Hedi Stanton
Styling: Rebecca Purshouse
Hair: Tosh
Make-up: Lauren Bos
Models: Assa Baradji & América González

FRANCE VS. ANGLETERRE
Photography:
Pascal Gambarte
Styling: Omaima Salem
Hair: Yuji Okuda
Make-up: Anthony Preel
Models: Rolf & Liv Walters

The fall from grace of Vogue Paris to Vogue France. Like, such a sad sight to see.

The only good thing about it is America Gonzalez

It's honestly so sad to see this lacklustre content in a Vogue, let alone one of the big four. I know creatives with zero budget who produce editorial work that is 10000x better than this.

so terrible and sad....nothing remotely inspiring or even if not innovative nice and solid...nothing....
Missing Vogue Paris so much....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->