Vogue Germany December 2012 : Toni Garrn by Alexi Lubomirski

The green masthead is a bit random. The model looks lifeless. There is nothing about this cover that screams Christmas mood.

Basically want to co-sign everything you said here.

I really don't understand why they needed the big "Merry Xmas!" text. I think this feels really dated, and amateur looking. The styling is atrocious as well, that nailpolish and those rings. Blergh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexei and Toni again!!! Ugh it's not that I don't like them but this is so boring! And Toni's sleepy eyes ruin the whole thing. I like the dress though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Toni can't do sexy. It's just not working. And is that the McQueen dress? It's not helping as well.

She's such a terrible model that I can't fathom why Vogue Germany uses her so much other than the fact that she's German.

Why I'm loving this, is the question I wanted answered. There's something about the colour combination that I like. I love the use of McQueen and Toni's pose here. This is everything I'm often against too.

This is SOOO holiday and festive, if she was smiling it could double as a greeting card.
She even looks like a Christmas tree in that dress. :ninja:

^haha, yeah, i thought the same #christmas tree

its nice the droopy eyes kinda work here since shes portraying a super rich and maybe bored woman

yeah this cover might have been a lot better if she was a bit more excited looking. I am not convinced

She's a beautiful woman, but unfortunately this cover shows no indication of that...
her face is the worst part!

Yes, that's what it used to be like but I'm pretty sure the October issue had the glossy effect, and the format was definitely smaller and the same as that of US Vogue. I haven't taken a closer look at the November issue so I'm not sure if it was the same or if it was just a one time thing, maybe? :unsure:
November cover is from the same material (and thickness) like the September one.

I saw green and purple and thought of Barney. She looks very beautiful, though.

it's a very beautiful cover, the colors really have the Xmas flare like the title.

Cover Story HQ:

So Fern, So Nah
Photographer: Alexi Lubomirski
Models: Toni Garrn & male Model
Styling: Christiane Arp
Hair: Ben Skervin
Make-Up: Tyron Machhausen
Nails: Ana Maria

Digital Edition Vogue Germany 12/2012

Editorial HQ:

Rebel Romance
Photographer: Daniele & Iango
Model: Carolyn Murphy
Styling: Patti Wilson
Hair: Luigi Murenu
Make-Up: Victoria Young
Nails: Bernadette Thompson

Oh, super, more poorly done tired and cliched foreign country themed editorials from Christine Arp for Vogue GERMANY. Barf.

Beauty Editorial HQ:

Belle De Noir
Photographer: Ben Hassett
Model: Katlin Aas
Styling: Nicola Knels
Hair: Cim Mahony
Make-Up: Lloyd Simmonds

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members