Vogue Germany May 2018 : Luna Bijl by Karl Lagerfeld

I guess it was shot the same day as Chanel Métiers d’Art 2018 Press kit cause I see this guy also here :smile:

chanel

I hope Anna & Luna for Chanel Pre-fall 2018 campaign!

Wow Grace Bol leaves me speechless. She is amazing :heart:

The Guy in Karl's ed is Augustin Dolmaillot. He is in Karl's team at Chanel. He is not a model but i guess like Karl's bodyguard/assistant, he is going to model often now:lol:

I really like the ed because it's a continuation of that press kit that i loved but the first two pics are totally mediocre next to the whole ed.

Grace Bol's ed is fantastic! Very Herb Ritts! Sgura really challenged himself there...

Good issue overall.

zzzyao76 and Zorka, thank you both so much for posting the editorials, great work.

As for magazine contents, I think all the pieces are pretty decent, all in all it's a good issue.

Any shot from Grace's editorial would have made a far superior cover. Just stunning.

Grace clearly deserved a cover
best editorial in the issue

Looks like my fav Giampaolo just thumbed through Herb Ritts’ Africa when he shot Grace. He really should be banned from shooting women.

If there’s an equivalent of The Razzies Awards in fashion, Karl deserves to be nominated in every category— including Lifetime Achievement for consistently conjuring up the worst collection for Chanel for over 3 decades now, along with the only fashion photographer who gets progressively worse the more he shoots. Those are rare achievements indeed.

Grace is making Luna looks like an amateur.

That’s such an achievement.

If there’s an equivalent of The Razzies Awards in fashion, Karl deserves to be nominated in every category— including Lifetime Achievement for consistently conjuring up the worst collection for Chanel for over 3 decades now, along with the only fashion photographer who gets progressively worse the more he shoots. Those are rare achievements indeed.

This is quite a statement!
And I guess for his part, quite an achievement...

^^^ I know you adore Chanel and Karl, Lola. If it’s any consolation, it’s the sheer talents of the Chanel atelier that’s able to salvage Karl’s chicken-scratch sketches into couture every single time. And Karl is always the character when he opens his mouth. Just that as designer and photographer, he’s been consistently awful. Just feast your eyes on the sophisticated imagery of Luna holding up a lifebuoy to her face— cuz, you know… it’s the current collection's nautical theme LOL

Luna is beautiful, but I swear...despite seeing her on multiple magazine covers and in multiple ad campaigns, I cannot for the life of me remember what she looks like, unfortunately.

Nothing here is good. The Grace editorial everyone is gagging over is quite cheap looking...no surprise coming from Sgura.

And I'm with Phuel here regarding Karl. Aside from a few chic collections from the late 90's and a handful of really great collections from 2005-2007, his work for Chanel is really so ridiculous. And same with his photography...aside from a few Chanel campaigns around 2005 with Daria, I haven't liked a single image he's shot.

this editorial of Grace is actually the second time thats she's been robbed of a cover with Vogue Germany in their August issue last year their were some sublimes images of her

Don’t worry Phuel, I don’t mind.
While I’ve loved a lot of his part work as a photographer I think that he is as amazingly good as a designer as he is bad as a photographer.
It’s a pity because he has done some very good things but he is the only one damaging his legacy.

And I don’t think any designer has been loved by everybody (except for Balenciaga), so i’ll not hate on someone for not liking one of my favorite. :-)

Grace always brings it ..i want to see her on the front of the magazine for a change ..she is a amazing print model ...just stunning ...

Wow, no words to describe how stunning Grace is. She's a true gem.

Cant believe Im saying this about Giampaolo's work as Im NOT a fan BUT..Sgura's ed here is beyond !? Chalk most of that up to the divine Grace Bol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grace Bol, the gift that keeps giving! I swear, her shoots always end up looking epic regardless of who's behind the lens. This is the face I'd prefer on British and Italian Vogue. If Arp suffered a personality bypass she may have used the 2nd shot as a cover, but we all know she's about as bland as as a bowl of oatmeal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marinamelolp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->