Vogue Germany May 2019 : The 'Family & Love' Issue

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Doutzen Kroes & Family by Hill & Aubrey:

Julia Stegner by Giampaolo Sgura:

Erika Linder & Heather Kemesky by Claudia Knoepfel:

Oh my, Erika and Heather make such a cute couple!! Their cover is by far the best, but the art direction??
Nice to see Julia Stegner back at German Vogue, especially during their anniversary year. And I'm sorry, but Doutzen's cover looks terribly dated. Like it was taken during WW2. And again I'm confused who that cover is supposed to appeal to because it certainly won't to the magazine's existing readership.

Waiting for Karl's special pages...

I love Doutzen’s cover :heart:

And I love seeing Julia on the cover again, too bad she is ruined by Sgura’s bland photography.

Love Erik and Heather.

Any idea of what the inside stories are?

Congrats to the EIC for editing this magazine for 40 years.

But those 40 years already shows. 49 years took a toll on CA’s creativity. Very evident in the past few years

I like Doutzen's cover and retro/vintage vibe, she looks like Grace Kelly in preview:

54731959_1117540138437070_745669180625036171_n.jpg

54463797_381927539316532_975762573336903719_n.jpg

PS: Sorry for the big pics, I tried to post it in a way that it was small but I couldn't, who could teach me?!

Happy to see Julia again and her longtime friend, it was time for her to go back to the cover of Vogue Germany but I hope she comes back soon without the misfortune of being photographed by Sgura.

So the concept for Doutzen's cover was to make it look as if it had been shot 40 years ago? Way to go!

40 years means Vogue Germany started in 1979, so I don't understand the 40s vibe of Doutzen's cover. And the styling looks more appropriate for August or October.
Julia looks unbelievable gorgeous. Erika and Heather look fine but unremarkable.
However, that font is stupid.

Wow, sometimes I almost forget how flawless Doutzen is. Her beauty is just timeless and the comparison with Grace Kelly is definitely on point.
I don't understand the styling but I feel like she saves the whole thing.

The cover by Sgura shouldn't be considered as any work by him. A waste if Julia.

Erika and Heather make a very cute couple and their bonding is beautiful and clear, but the cover shot does not confine me.

Congrats to the EIC for editing this magazine for 40 years.

But those 40 years already shows. 49 years took a toll on CA’s creativity. Very evident in the past few years
Same EIC for 40 years??? Didn't know that. It's more than Anna and Franca.

The previews for Doutzen's edit are lovely, but that cover is probably one of the most unflattering shots I've ever seen of her. For me Julia's cover is the best - she looks amazing! Seems a bit out of place with the 'theme' though.

Doutzen's cover is really sweet. The vintage styling works really well here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
numenah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->