Vogue Greece May 2020 by Victor Demarchelier, Max Papendiek & Igor Vishnyakov

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Cover #1 with Heliose Guerin and family by Victor Demarchelier:

Cover #2 with Julia van Os by Max Papendiek:

Cover #3 with Sasha Pivovarova by Igor Vishnyakov:

Sasha's cover is gorgeous! Wow, Igor is annoying and much like the male version of a trophy wife, but that image is stunning.

The other two don't really impress me and I thought the doll on the Demarchelier cover was a child. It could have been worse though. It could have been Jamie and Mica!

That pic of Sasha is one of her all time best imo. I can´t wait to see more :smile:

"Igor Vishnyakov was the first man to discover the beauty of Sasha Pivovarova and asked to photograph her 17 years ago."
I didn't know that ! Wow :blush:

There's also Chris Colls + Alexandra Agoston, Julia Stegner + Benny Horne, Caroline Trentini + Fabio Bartelt and I am sure there is more. I feel like photographers and models mostly date each other :lol:

Don't forget Kate and Nikolai von Bismarck! :lol: I'm sure Edward has already locked that exclusive.

These are really great covers, and what content in these trying times should look like in my opinion. You're not ignoring the situation, and you're still giving your readers beautiful images that have been shot in confinement.

There's also Chris Colls + Alexandra Agoston, Julia Stegner + Benny Horne, Caroline Trentini + Fabio Bartelt and I am sure there is more. I feel like photographers and models mostly date each other :lol:

LOL, so true. Unfair advantage, if you ask me. And especially with Hearst going so far as to openly declare they'd prefer to work with photographers who are dating models going forward. Let's be frank here, nobody was looking for Heloise Guerin and to my knowledge, this is her first Vogue cover which she only got because she's married to a photographer? It's nepotism, plain and simple. No different than Kendall, Gigi, Bella, Cara et al.

i actually like the first one! it delivers the message so nicely.

what a cool idea, to ask the model-photographer couples to contribute.

LOL, so true. Unfair advantage, if you ask me. And especially with Hearst going so far as to openly declare they'd prefer to work with photographers who are dating models going forward. Let's be frank here, nobody was looking for Heloise Guerin and to my knowledge, this is her first Vogue cover which she only got because she's married to a photographer? It's nepotism, plain and simple. No different than Kendall, Gigi, Bella, Cara et al.
Really? It's quite shocking if it's true because she was all over the runways back in 2009-2010

Don't forget Kate and Nikolai von Bismarck! :lol: I'm sure Edward has already locked that exclusive.

I only remembered about them after I posted :lol::lol:

At least it's not another model taking a selfie or something like i-D covers -_-
I'd rather see model/photographer pair cover than that and I don't mind Heloise because she is a fresh face, it's not someone we see all the time.
Sasha's cover is my favorite, she really delivered :blush:

Either way, editors really need to get creative now weather they like it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreagmanili
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->