Vogue Hong Kong April 2021 : Gisele Bündchen by Kevin O'Brien

^^^ Gimmicks sells-- and I wouldn't expect anything more these lazy, dire days.

The first cover has a nice composition. It’s just too bad she’s wearing dark shoes that bland right into the shadows and giving the illusion of a tiny toeless foot… That and it looks like she’s sitting over a sewer opening.

So by default, yes— the second covershot wins.

clothes are hideous....
esp the 1st shot, it looks like zara quality.
what is wrong with the stylist??

The first two definitely feel very Instagram-aesthetic to me but I actually really love the third cover! Very serene and beautiful.

I love the first two covers, the third one is very basic and if I am to be honest, the make-up ages her.

I especially like the second one, soothing to my eyes. Green on green.

Maybe it's great that models like Guinevere arent supers. Because it seems once all the supers hit a certain age, they're shoe-horned into these label-type shoots. Gisele is the earth mother, Naomi the BLM activist, Christy, Liya and Natalia always being asked about their charities. There's nothing wrong with having a cause, in fact it's refreshing and adds more substance to their interviews. But magazines should at least try to style or package them in fresh ways.

The covers look exactly like the countless shoots she has done with Nino Muñoz. Predictable! I can only tolerate Gisele if the editorial team style her in something that's out of the ordinary.

They're also launching Vogue Man as a supplement with this issue. Will come packed with April and September issues going forward. The only good news about this is that Jacky Tam is the editorial director. Jacky along with Anson Chen did really great work at GQ China. He'll obviously have more creative freedom here to explore themes as he wish, but history has proven that's not always good. Some people actually do their best work in a confined system. See Norman Tan at Esquire Singapore, or Carine at Vogue Paris.

It's so predictable, isn't it?

Pinterest

You are absolutely right.

She looks gorgeous in these images, though I do admit I felt like "I've seen this already."

Vogue Hong Kong has had some hits so far, but there does seem to be a lack of consistency in style.

Read Gisele and hoped the rest of the title would read ''by Luigi & Iango'', but no. It's the nature. Again... Whatever, just blends in with the rest of her covers, but she's gorgeous and I'm always happy to see her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->