Vogue Hong Kong April 2021 : Gisele Bündchen by Kevin O'Brien

I loved gisele but this is so boring and contrived hearing about nature from a woman who survives on a diet of tree nuts and price jets SNORE

No wonder that another epitome of dullness took her place as the richest model in the world.
Guess that dull is a thing now.

I loved gisele but this is so boring and contrived hearing about nature from a woman who survives on a diet of tree nuts and price jets SNORE

Don't forget her 'things she cannot live without', manuka honey all the way from New Zealand. And avos, probably imported. I don't think avos can be grown in California?

I like Gisele but her activist side is devouring her ... More Claudia Schiffer or Kristen McMenamy please .

Huh I love Gisele but I miss when she would be a boy for Balenciaga, a crackhead woman for POP and a fierce glamazon for LV. I would like these covers if they were being done for the first time but they blend into any other nature loving-model shoots of her's. Please Gisele do less of these and instead make an appearance or two in hf replacing the new clout holders like Joan and Irina in a good campaign!

Gisele for the sustainable issue with lots of greenery, so groundbreaking! She looks good especially in the second cover but its all predictable. At least Amber keeps sustainable interesting. The last cover doesnt look bad either but the makeup and lack of contrast seems harsh on her face.

Oh I knew I would hate these and I'm so mad coz Gisele is AMAZING but it's like she either lost her magic or we're so so so tired of seeing the same cover over and over.
Gisele is now used as a generic product for nature, Karlie is being used for cookie-cuter americana, Ashley for body inclusivity and MOC for ratings. Any high fashion model left just for the sake of Fashion anyone???

She looks beautiful on all 3 covers, but I would have liked to seen something different from her.

I stop following and loving her since all she's about is nature and love these years....I mean you are a legend model not chicken soup for the soul writer, stop being so pretentious and show your real creativity and glamour!

And yes, Vogue HK is a mess with zero identity, just like the city, so maybe that's what they want and what it supposes to be

Huh I love Gisele but I miss when she would be a boy for Balenciaga, a crackhead woman for POP and a fierce glamazon for LV. I would like these covers if they were being done for the first time but they blend into any other nature loving-model shoots of her's. Please Gisele do less of these and instead make an appearance or two in hf replacing the new clout holders like Joan and Irina in a good campaign!
Off to Google images I go.

I mean all three look pretty decent comparing to any other previous VHK covers, but I can’t stop wondering if these images were outtakes from her old works.

Love Gisele but it's kinda sad how she's no longer interested in fashion. We've seen the same shoot from her atleast 10 times. These days she only does Dior Beauty and covershoots of nature-themed Vogue issues. I think the last time we saw her doing something different was being Mina for Vogue Italia October 2018 issue. There is just one Gisele and it's really bad how despite being extremely succsesful she's done with this bussines. It would be really nice if she could pick few high fashion jobs just to make fans happy :/

Love Gisele but it's kinda sad how she's no longer interested in fashion. We've seen the same shoot from her atleast 10 times. These days she only does Dior Beauty and covershoots of nature-themed Vogue issues. I think the last time we saw her doing something different was being Mina for Vogue Italia October 2018 issue. There is just one Gisele and it's really bad how despite being extremely succsesful she's done with this bussines. It would be really nice if she could pick few high fashion jobs just to make fans happy :/

Ten times? I think the number is much much higher and if it's not then that says it all.

I agree with everything you said but not sure if it's all about her not being interested in high fashion jobs. Of course she seems more focused on other things but if you take Kate Moss for example, she's been on autopilot at least as long as Gisele and she is still doing so called high fashion jobs.

I had to chuckle a little when I saw the cover with the banana plants. Undoubtedly a stunning image of her but it must also be impossible for her to keep these photoshoots apart at this point in her career. But to be quite honest, I think I have seen it all from Gisele. Maybe she should work with Vanderperre hehe.

The main problem is that Gisele and her mother earth formula doesn't work anymore
You can clearly see that she controlled every aspect of her booking.
Sustainability does not mean that you are very limited and cannot be creative..
The Nat Geo aesthetic that we get everytime ... It's just not exciting now why not wearing some Marine Serre looks for example? à la Imaan for VJ

Mother earth must take some rest give us some fierce THE BODY magic

It's amazing how Vogue Hong Kong can get these big stars. Kate and now Gisele.

Just as baffled by it all, they're like Dutch Vogue. God-awful covers and content yet continue to thrive. Says more about their readers, to be honest. LOL.

But they may be onto something with this Vogue Man trial. At least that makes sense because I don't think there's a top men's fashion magazine in HK? There was Elle Man Hong Kong which had stunning content but I just stopped seeing it on newsstands after a while and assumed they went bust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->