Vogue Hong Kong May 2023 : Vivienne Rohner by Leslie Zhang

The rest are Digital Covers. The Vivienne ones are the Main, in Print covers

Love Vivienne's covers and ed, the mood is amazing. The other covers are too commercial for the mood but I love the second image of each.

If they can book these models and stars on their covers, how come can't they buy license of great fonts that would elevate their magazine? Vogue Hong Kong as a magazine is actually decent, but their covers aren't showcasing it.

Very awesome surprise for me, love the second cover

"In The Mood For Love" inspiration?

This is proof we need Leslie Zhang to make the jump to Western publications, at least from time to time. If that's not an entirely selfish sentiment to hold?

As a fan of both Vivienne and Leslie this is a team I never expected but am all for. Two very talented individuals coming together is always a treat.

I'm a simple person. I see Leslie, I like.

"In The Mood For Love" inspiration?

This is proof we need Leslie Zhang to make the jump to Western publications, at least from time to time. If that's not an entirely selfish sentiment to hold?

Can’t see that happening. The West in general seems openly hostile and discrmintaory towards the Chinese; mostly for not militantly toeing the West’s so-called progressive lines, while still remaining one of the largest fashion consumer that can't be blatantly ignored, so there’s that seething resentment that the Chinese still needs to be catered to— but they’ll do it in a passive-aggressive manner: If the token Asian is given a spot, it’s usually Korean nowadays.

Anyway, very “In The Mood For Love” indeed. Not the most creative take, but the technical aspects alone are impressive, and in these days of amateur/juvenile sensibility running the fashion industry, I’ll gladly take superior and technical proficiency to what gets passed as “creativity” these days, anytime, anywhere, anyplace. Only wish that Vogue HK were as consistently solid as this issue. Most of the time, this edition is unfortunately pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->