Vogue Italia August 2022 : Matilda De Angelis by Brett Lloyd

Because the decisions are now flowing from a central source, these representations in each Vogue of their own countries are starting to have the feel of generic tourist brochures that are sponsored by the fashion industry.

I completely agree. While I think the shoot is nice and the cover is serviceable. It feels like an outsider perspective on Italy.

Cool editorial, but is it worthed to buy the issue for posteority?
I always think this before buying any mag, cause where i live the prices are ultra expensive :cry:

Price is the most immediate factor, which is followed by - does this merit becoming part of my collection? Because if I buy an issue, it'll be taking up space that some other magazine could inhabit.

Cool editorial, but is it worthed to buy the issue for posteority?
I always think this before buying any mag, cause where i live the prices are ultra expensive :cry:

Saw the issue today at the store....BORINGGG... honestly the best i think it's the cover, the rest is something another italian magazine can do....the rest full of reprints i think the beauty ed is original but nothing worth it..and the rest boring articles and filler stuff...don't buy it...

Hopefully they do something interesting for september...

The cover is the definition of boring but the main editorial is actually quite good and that girl has that movie star beauty that was required.

I agree that Vogue Italia is quickly devolving into quaint-cobblestone-street central, since that’s how Italy is perceived by the foreigners in charge.

the cover would have been something Meisel could do. And it’s not that bad

This was my immediate thought upon seeing the cover! Admittedly, I never used to fawn over every single Meisel cover of Vogue Italia under the great Franca Sozzani and this feels like one of those Meisel-esque shoots that I'd just sit and tolerate until the next month rolled around.

The cover is very flat, but the editorial is fine & gives a Fellini's style on every photo.

Francesca has more vision than Eugenie, who is more busy posting her looks at Instagram.
I really like all of her covers.

i have a doubt the writing content is shared with all the editions too?
Yes! We judge too soon their first covers, and boom, turns out VI did a (way) better job over the last year. A modest, but tolerable first year under Francesca. Can't say the same about France. Vogue Paris will be back if Eugenie only try to please Edward, no matter the final result.

if we have to compare, yes...probably VI made better cover stories than VF, but as a whole magazine both are flat with less interesting contents and not well edited.

My very quick impression, when flicking through the various Euro editions online, is that a lot of the written content is original to the country.

That said, Vogue's "written content" is mostly very short pieces, which are probably very easy and inexpensive to commission.

Reprinting happens across the various Euro Vanity Fairs, not only of the cover shoots, but of certain articles.

Could've done without the Tiffany Hardwear earrings in the edit. It takes away from the attempted vintage look/feel

Don't want to be pessimistic, but the only good thing about this issue is ... the architecture of the main editorial.

It is a testament to the quality of this thing the fact that every photo involving ice cream looks like an actual ice cream ad.

God has left the room on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LolaC888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->