Vogue Italia August 2024 : Karen Elson by Martin Parr

reprints for August ... groundbreaking 🙄

besides the "coverstory" we have the Chanel Deauville story by Malick Bodian, the Mikael Jansson Vogue US story with Vittoria, Adut, Carolyn & co., the Vogue Spain August coverstory with Lulu and Jean and one original story with several athletes by different photographers

Martin Parr as social commentary, sure.

Martin Parr for a Vogue cover? wtf.

(I don't object to photographers picking up fashion gigs but....keep it to an editorial or something! And that Chanel look on the cover makes a very good case for why Virginie Viard was finally let go)

We’re on a race to bottom. Between this and Winona’s tragedy, we are getting some of the worst covers EVER!

I’d sue if I were one of the bystanders…
waste of their models/subjects for sure.

...I'm just as bewildered as those two onlookers are in the back over this! What a truly dreadful, unattractive, pedestrian and insipid cover.
😂😂😂 Is that Prince Harry and Megan??

Scott Schumann’s street shots are superior to this cover in every way. …And who would’ve thunk that those words would be uttered, ever… Only in 2024 LMFAO

Admittedly, a few solid shots: Karen in the pedicab would have ben a stronger cover select; Yilan coming up from the subway hauling the Vuitton trunk; Karen sprawled out in a gown on the park’s lawn. Lovely shots despite the fashions looking so discount. And once upon a time when Vogue Italia meant and stood for the highest od high fashion standards, this story would have been relegated to webstory feature.

Poor Yilan being omitted from the cover even though she’s a costar of the story. But Karen’s still got it; her charisma and cool has not diminished since she debuted on the cover of THE FACE back in 1994: That face is still so potent. For the love of the fashion gods, someone, anyone— but hopefully French Bazaar, please wrangle in Karen and Grace Coddington, for a story. These two never rely on nostalgia— unlike so many of their contemporaries, who have all turned into some caricatures of their former glorious self, but pure cool and charm. Women aging so gloriously. That's got to be worth something.

One single mediocre story. And this is Vogue Italia. Just let that sink in.

1 Vogue Italia August 2024.jpg

2 Vogue Italia August 2024.jpg3 Vogue Italia August 2024.jpg4 Vogue Italia August 2024.jpg5 Vogue Italia August 2024.jpg6 Vogue Italia August 2024.jpg7 Vogue Italia August 2024.jpg8 Vogue Italia August 2024.jpg9 Vogue Italia August 2024.jpg10 Vogue Italia August 2024.jpg
Vogue Italia August 2024

Scott Schumann’s street shots are superior to this cover in every way. …And who would’ve thunk that those words would be uttered, ever… Only in 2024 LMFAO

Admittedly, a few solid shots: Karen in the pedicab would have ben a stronger cover select; Yilan coming up from the subway hauling the Vuitton trunk; Karen sprawled out in a gown on the park’s lawn. Lovely shots despite the fashions looking so discount. And once upon a time when Vogue Italia meant and stood for the highest od high fashion standards, this story would have been relegated to webstory feature.

Poor Yilan being omitted from the cover even though she’s a costar of the story. But Karen’s still got it; her charisma and cool has not diminished since she debuted on the cover of THE FACE back in 1994: That face is still so potent. For the love of the fashion gods, someone, anyone— but hopefully French Bazaar, please wrangle in Karen and Grace Coddington, for a story. These two never rely on nostalgia— unlike so many of their contemporaries, who have all turned into some caricatures of their former glorious self, but pure cool and charm. Women aging so gloriously. That's got to be worth something.

One single mediocre story. And this is Vogue Italia. Just let that sink in.

View attachment 1290251

View attachment 1290252View attachment 1290253View attachment 1290254View attachment 1290255View attachment 1290256View attachment 1290257View attachment 1290258View attachment 1290259View attachment 1290260
Vogue Italia August 2024

I kinda like it. And Karen is great.

The cover is terrible, but the editorial is good.

I don't get it, why pair a British supermodel with a British photographer in Piccadilly?
And she is wearing French Chanel (paid of course) and on the cover of an Italian magazine
Just odd combinations

Can they not go to the O2 or the West Ham Stadium, which is a more impressive backdrop? Or go in front of Harrods to get more sponsors?

Scott Schumann’s street shots are superior to this cover in every way.
I don't like this editorial but this still does not mean that you should put Scott Schumann in the same sentence with such a master of photography as Martin Parr. Let's leave Schumann with his 5 minutes of IG fame.

I don't get it, why pair a British supermodel with a British photographer in Piccadilly?
And she is wearing French Chanel (paid of course) and on the cover of an Italian magazine
Just odd combinations

Can they not go to the O2 or the West Ham Stadium, which is a more impressive backdrop? Or go in front of Harrods to get more sponsors?
It's GLOBAL fashion!!!11

I don't like this editorial but this still does not mean that you should put Scott Schumann in the same sentence with such a master of photography as Martin Parr. Let's leave Schumann with his 5 minutes of IG fame.
Scott Schuman, off-putting as I find him personally, makes a better fashion photographer than Martin Parr - relevant when the publication in question is a fashion magazine.

Is he a better photographer or documenter of society? Absolutely not. But he is better at shooting clothes on people in a way that emphasises the clothes. At least the shots would be composed!

Such a crazy shoot ahahahaha from the cover to every single picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidedoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->