Vogue Italia December 2020 : Lila Moss by David Sims

^Legendary parents. I like both models (Kate and Lucie), and I'm sure their daughters are nice girls. If this looks bland I blame to the magazine for that. The picture of the cover is fine, but it lacks of something else...glamour. And every cover looks the same, the art direction killed this magazine. With Meisel they tried something different every month. Now looks like a magazine dedicated to van Gogh.

1/2
Thank you Lila and Ella
Photographer: David Sims
Stylist: Max Pearmain
Hair: Paul Hanlon
Makeup: Lucia Pieroni
Set: Gideon Ponte
Casting: Piergiorgio Del Moro, Samuel Ellis Scheinman

Lol I did not realise there where two different girls in that ed. So so so bad. i-D 2009 wants its shoot back.

Also it took two casing directors to come up with this mess?

In another note, if Alt has Rianne, Edward has Adut, Vittoria must be Farneti's Trentini at this point.
actually I always thought Vittoria was Anna Wintour’s new Trentini because she was constantly being featured on Vogue US editorials (I believe it slowed down due to this dreadful pandemic).
Vogue Italia wise she has 3 OG Vogue covers and a shared September issue with Lily Aldridge but I don’t think it was the official one. and not that many editorials, 2 this year only, if I’m correct.

regarding Lila and Ella’s editorial... OMG how terribly mundane and who said yes to those unflattering shots?!!! I cannot believe Sims said yes to this. I cannot believe!

if you were going to shot these two uncanny looking alike girls and give the editorial their name... I don’t know maybe they could’ve been photographed together, create some twins-mirrored-play, something like that Miu Miu campaign with Siri, Ginta, Lindsey and Daphne or even Vittoria and Faretta for Zara... I mean not a copy of these but.... I’m sure you fellow TFS’ers got the idea.
*SIGH*

actually I always thought Vittoria was Anna Wintour’s new Trentini because she was constantly being featured on Vogue US editorials (I believe it slowed down due to this dreadful pandemic).
Vogue Italia wise she has 3 OG Vogue covers and a shared September issue with Lily Aldridge but I don’t think it was the official one. and not that many editorials, 2 this year only, if I’m correct.

regarding Lila and Ella’s editorial... OMG how terribly mundane and who said yes to those unflattering shots?!!! I cannot believe Sims said yes to this. I cannot believe!

if you were going to shot these two uncanny looking alike girls and give the editorial their name... I don’t know maybe they could’ve been photographed together, create some twins-mirrored-play, something like that Miu Miu campaign with Siri, Ginta, Lindsey and Daphne or even Vittoria and Faretta for Zara... I mean not a copy of these but.... I’m sure you fellow TFS’ers got the idea.
*SIGH*
Vittoria’s September 2017 cover was a fold-out which technically counts as a real cover.

About this issue i need to say that the main ed is horrible. Wish all the famous models’ daughters weren’t giving modeling a try. Why they can’t do something else when there are other jobs in fashion industry that can be much more appropriate for them? I loved Vittoria’s shots in hers and Mica’s ed though. She’s the perfect high fashion model in my opinion.

Other contents inside this issue:

- a conversation between Alva Claire, Paloma Elsesser, Ashley Graham and Ji Kortleve with photos by Ethan James Green and styled by Patti Wilson.6 pages

- Article about Lila Moss. 2 pages and one (different) portrait from the main ed

- 2 page interview with Tina Turner

- Carta Bianca, 6 pages with gratitude letters from designers, from Jacquemus to Pierpaolo...

- bags editorial “24 december” shot by Sarah Van Rij and styled by Luca Galasso. 8 pages models Edwin and Camilla. (I don’t know them)

- Beauty editorial “Cara Bellezza” with Cara Taylor shot by Richard Burbridge styled by Clare Byrne.6 pages plus a “cover section”

- Editorial “For her” shot by Zoë Ghertner and styled by Francesca Burns. ( don’t know the models. 14 pges

- Editorial “Anna en Pieke” with Anna de Rijk and Pieke Stuvel shot by Viviane Sassen and styled by Vanessa Reid. 12 pages. The pictures features artwork by the models.

- Illustrated editorial with artwork of Ella Kruglyanskaya.8pgs

Worse than Lila only Gallagher's daughter. Pretty ordinary. Nepotism in the fashion world used to mean you got a leg up , not that your name, regardless of what you have to offer, is your raison d'être. Love Vittoria's ed.

At least is a real person (but "where is the glamour?"). Remember those infamous june covers that I can't believe several people like them (and were legit covers, and here we are talking about Vittoria's cover in September 2017, hahaha), or the CGI model, or the paintings and the empty cover. This was the worst year under Farneti. I started to think as Xone that GB wasn't that bad after all.

Last edited:
The cover & main story are crap & boring, looks like a catalogue of teenage clothes & i agree than the editorial with Mica & Vitto it's the best of this issue.

I think it’s clear that Ella didn’t work for them, she is in 4 photos out of 12... and the other problematic thing is the styling looks very amateur and repetitive in a bad way even Lila repeat one of her looks...for the main story even for VI current level i expected more....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->