Vogue Italia February 2010 : Agyness, Daphne & Jamie by Steven Meisel

I quite like the editorial. I don't really like the color shots though. They're so randomly placed among the B&W shots.

Step Into The Future by Craig McDean

Suggestions by Greg Lotus

Three Women by Steven Meisel

Bohemian Way by Emma Summerton

Last edited by a moderator:
^those people don't wast time to rip the videos from vogue.it ... do they have the proper permission?

video editorials really need to develop a little more ...
most of the videos are better than the actual editorials ...

i cannot wait for a time when print magazines and 2.0 magazines live together in a peace world ... oh i cannot wait.

cold cave is good in the 1st video.

There seems to be some kind of a rule behind the designers for the cover.
The last few years it has most of the time been like that (note: not always:(

January - Gucci
February - Blumarine
March - Dolce & Gabbana
April - Alberta Ferretti
May -
June -
July - Roberto Cavalli
August - Blugirl by Blumarine
September - Prada
October - Giorgio Armani
November - Max Mara
December -

Also Ermanno Scervino very often.

I think Meisel could have done a lot more looking at those creencaps from that movie. Makes me excited about what this could have looked like and the cast doesn't fit the movie either.

It's cool that they tend to stick to Italian designers on the covers. Does Vogue Paris do this? I know Vogue US and UK don't.

I don't think so at all, to me that's really old fashioned. They should chose the best without looking at the nationality of the clothes and models.

Last edited by a moderator:

Source: hfgl.proboards.com

Vogue Italia #714
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Karl Templer
Set Design: Mary Howard
Production: PRODn at Art + Commerce
Models: Jamie Bochert, Daphne Guinness & Agyness Deyn
Make-Up: Pat McGrath
Hair: Garren
Manicure: Jin Soon Choi

Three Women
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Karl Templer
Production: PRODn at Art + Commerce
Models: Jamie Bochert, Daphne Guinness & Agyness Deyn
Make-Up: Pat McGrath

Source: Vogue Italia Archive

THREE WOMEN
Photography: Steven Meisel
Styling: Karl Templer
Make-up: Pat McGrath
Models: Agyness Deyn, Daphne Guinness, Jamie Bochert

A+C

It’s been almost ten years and I’ve still never seen Jamie look this soft and feminine. It’s interesting what a good photographer can do with a model like her.

Precisely! I‘m still a fan of that photograph of Jamie Bochert wearing the black cutout Gucci dress and now have just fallen in love with the black and white full-length shot of Jamie with the short bob - as well as the closeup shot. Agyness Deyn also shone before Meisel’s lens.

Must admit that this wasn’t my most favourite of Meisel shoots back then but have a sudden appreciation for it, and have loved looking at every detail with thanks to @[B]aracic[/B] and his wonderful contributions.

Saw the movie and the three girls looks the same as the 3 women, except Sissy Spacek hair is different from Agyness, but get it now.

It’s funny to go back and read he comments from when this first came out! Lots of people weren’t very impressed… but little did we know how far this magazine would fall in a decade!

I’m tempted to dig out the old Vogue Italians from this period. I haven’t looked at them probably since I bought it!

I can’t believe that they picked up the ugliest picture of the editorial for the cover. It’s really bad. And that styling? Absolutely criminal.

the rest of the pictures are f*cking stunning.

^^^ It was usually the case with Franca’s Vogue to troll with a weak select for the covershot (and awful typography). ...Then the coverstory, along with the other fashion stories are revealed— in all their grandiose, extravagance, opulence, and pure high-concentrated high fashion-y vision, and the trolling cover is easily forgiven. That’s how confident Franca and her team were in their production— and they hardly, if ever faltered, stumbled, or misstepped.

Nowadays— not just Italian Vogue, but most of them, will only have one passable select, maybe two if they’re lucky, while the rest of the shots are as meandering, as mediocre, as plain as anything on SM. If these lessers are able to conjure a solid covershot, let alone an entire issue, it’s… such an exception. Pathetic fashion days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kancuk24
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->