THE ITALIAN TOUCH
Photography:
Charly Gosp
Styling: Elena Mottola
Hair: Mouna Benouhoud
Make-up: Mouna Benouhoud
Models: Camille Mbaye, Harper Andria & Luna Meric

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

Sooooooo sorry, my lovely people, this is Vogue Italia January 2022 (obviously!), I already notified our precious mods to correct it in the thread title!

Veronica Yoko is a beautiful girl & athlete but this would've looked so much better with a skilled model. It's giving me Malgosia vibes.

Naomi and Adut look very cute and sweet.

What on Earth are that cover and cover story? Honestly if this is what I'm getting for 2022, I'd rather see print magazine dies and just exists in online form.

WTF is that? Cover subject looks like 2021 madonna in some photos (it's not a compliment). Tyler's ed is laughable but what can you expect from someone so lazy and devoid of any talent or skill. Naomi's face scared me. She is entering late Pete Burns territory with all the fillers.

I'm glad they're back to the old formula with a single title. Not "The .... Issue" or "photographed by..." stuff. Just simplicity. And there's a message here but isn't so explicit as Farneti/Verderi did. Of course the digital version looks worse than the actual photography thanks to the pale colors of the PDF.

Snippets of my despair:

Cover, coverstory: Apparently, we are still Farneting.

"Naomi & Adut": Tyler Mitchell has three ideas about photography, none of them good.

"The Italian Touch": Shein-level vulgar.

Me: At this point, numb.

To me, personally, the cover story is a prime example of a Catch-22: I can't say nothing bad (out of a sympathy/empathy for the Veronica Yoko Plebani!), but, unfortunately, I can't say nothing good either. We all agreed how fashion magazine should be a pure FANTASY and/or ESCAPE from our everyday lives and a harsh reality, so the last thing that we want to see on its covers is a blatant reminder how life is NOT fuc*ing fair!!! (And, yeah, I very well understand that this wasn't editors' intention; on contrary, they wanted to remind us how we can and should be a FIGHTERS/WINNERS and not a (whiny) VICTIMS - no mater what kind of sh*it life throw at us! - but in all honesty, seeing this ed I don't feel motivated nor empowered, but completely and utterly fuc*ked-up! :(

P.S. For those of you who are not familiar with the cover subject, Veronica Yoko Plebani was born as healthy and ordinary girl in 1996 and since childhood she has practiced numerous sports such as dance, gymnastics, athletics and snowboarding, but when she was just 15 years old she contracted meningitis, which she survived with the loss of the phalanges (the bones that make up the fingers of the hand and the toes of the foot).

I love the cover story for most part. I think it's very beautiful in that haunting way Tim Walker used to capture back in his prime days. It doesn't feel very Vogue Italia, although we don't really know what Vogue Italia is anymore but I am getting a strong Marie Claire France vibe and I'm here for it!
Jawara did Naomi dirty with that bowl cut, I don't think I've ever seen her look so hideous. Bootleg Peggy Moffitt. Adut on the other hand looks rather lovely. Mitchell's photography stays mediocre as ever.

Thanks @Zorka for sharing! How many reprints?

Wow, this is a rough start for 2022...Adut and Naomi would make a passable cover but still a very short story...not sure about Naomi's wig...

The rest? nothing interesting...

Ok, let's see what brings VI for February...Homeless makeover?...

Last edited:
The really must have had to pull teeth to get that cover because the editorial is not it honey.

Wow. A new Vogue Italia cover and it completely goes under the radar.

Last month's covers by Rafael Pavarotti also fell short for me, but this right here has fallen waaaaaay way short. The only element I can remotely tolerate is the font but that's at an extreme push. Not even Adut Akech and Naomi Campbell (who has photographed terribly here by Tyler Mitchell) is saving this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->