Vogue Italia July 2022 : Zendaya by Elizaveta Porodina

Kind of love this, it's not what I expected. Still have Zandaya fatigue from the rampant overexposure, but this is memorable, creative, and would stand out on the newstand and my coffee table lol.

Looks like one of those fan tributes that's psychologically revealing about the person who made it.

Face of a painted child, hands like gollum, menaced by shadowy figures in the yolk-like background.

Loving this sudden Porodina exposure! The cover is beautiful, love the colors and lighting as usual. God, I'm so happy that Verderi is gone lol

Oh wow. I adore this. I adore the colors, what she wears, the pose! Everything!

ZENDAYA MANIA (Preview)
Photography: Elizaveta Porodina
Styling: Law Roach
Hair: Antoinette H
Make-up: Raoúl Alejandre
Model/Celebrity: Zendaya

vogue.it

oh wow the rest are soooo good as well. That black and white one……. Sublime!!!

As much as I like the image and Porodina's work which interestingly enough is proving to be long-lived, I'm put off by the 'stylist'. This is sickening and incestuous and it must end.

The once holy grail of high fashion is now simply another stepping stone for overrated celebrities. Franca is surely turning in her grave.

like it because she looks like an actual model, it's pretty safe. VI is having a good year in covers since Donatella.

As much as I like the image and Porodina's work which interestingly enough is proving to be long-lived, I'm put off by the 'stylist'. This is sickening and incestuous and it must end.

The once holy grail of high fashion is now simply another stepping stone for overrated celebrities. Franca is surely turning in her grave.

Why you gotta come for the self proclaimed King of Vintage like that? LMao

It isn't bad styling, but I simply can't stand him - he falls under the same category to me as that Luis viaroma Twitter person. The worst of the new gen in fashion, embarrassing and completely unprofessional to the point where I can't take them seriously regardless of how hard they work. There's just something off.

But this is still good and I love the editorial previews! The King of Vintage did good lol

When I saw it on IG I thought it was fan art. The Ed is good but the cover isn't working for me.

I like Zendaya, but I can't get the appearance of Porodina everywhere. I've never liked her work before, because it is too outdated and too derivative of old Roversi, and now it feels like being tone deaf to the environment, especially as a Ukrainian. I mean, exposing a Russian photographer everywhere in the current climate? Could've at least waited until the war ends or something.

it feels like being tone deaf to the environment, especially as a Ukrainian. I mean, exposing a Russian photographer everywhere in the current climate? Could've at least waited until the war ends or something.

Maybe I'm being daft, but I don't understand this reasoning at all. As an American I obviously don't have your experience and perspective, as a Ukrainian, as it relates to the war, but it seems you're suggesting every person who happens to be Russian should be blacklisted because of this? She doesn't even live in Russia and she's been very vocal about her opposition to what Russia is doing and is fundraising for Ukrainians.

I like Zendaya, but I can't get the appearance of Porodina everywhere. I've never liked her work before, because it is too outdated and too derivative of old Roversi, and now it feels like being tone deaf to the environment, especially as a Ukrainian. I mean, exposing a Russian photographer everywhere in the current climate? Could've at least waited until the war ends or something.
I hope you, your family and friends are safe. I can't imagine what are your thoughts and the pain you're feeling. I disagree with cancelling her, but I see why you said it. Sending love to you and your people there and everywhere. I'm with you.

I love Zendaya, love her on covers but this cover is not good: eyes tired or with makeup literally inside them, boring pose choice from the team and the styling is very underwhelming which is shocking with Law styling her for everything and usually making it right. I don't particularly think that the photographer is any good either to tell you the truth.

It's a miss for me unfortunately and it's sad coz I love this girl: great actress, amazing poster girl for this generation, so talented and business mogul and better than today's instragram models lol.

Maybe I'm being daft, but I don't understand this reasoning at all. As an American I obviously don't have your experience and perspective, as a Ukrainian, as it relates to the war, but it seems you're suggesting every person who happens to be Russian should be blacklisted because of this? She doesn't even live in Russia and she's been very vocal about her opposition to what Russia is doing and is fundraising for Ukrainians.

No, this is not the point, you're projecting my statement. Delaying enlarged exposure is not cancelling somebody or blacklisting, do not twist what I said. I am saying they could've waited, because she has the ability to do so until it would be more appropriate - she had a lot of work as it is, it simply could've happened later. But it does appear strange to see an influx of Russian photographers in international fashion community, while not even just Ukrainian, but overall all Eastern European nations get overlooked.

The photographers that used to shoot for Vogue Ukraine - they get next to zero exposure, and they would benefit from any opportunity given. I am sure any Eastern European knows how it feels, it just especially sensitive to some currently.

Not living in Russia is a strange reason - numerous people do and try to oppose, but they are just not famous, does it make them less worthy than Elizaveta Porodina or whoever else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chanel49
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->