Vogue Italia June 2008 : Linda Evangelista by Steven Meisel

I love this! Linda + old/rich lady look are perfect.

mhm no to the cover why didn't he just made a cover of the wall with the closed door..I would have prefered to see more of Linda

I love it, Linda as a dowager, at home in her own little empire... though the editorial title The Duchess suggests Englishness, yet the fashion looks a little too American (too groomed) and the surroundings look a little too continental (too sunny) to be English, so it's a strange hybrid of atmosphere and styles. Interesting.

As expected .. And as always I'm excited to learn about who is contributing in this issue. :smile:

My eyes went to the dog first, then only Linda :neutral: And I'm not being sarcastic.

as much as i love the idea and how the cover & the feature story are crafted, i didnt bother clicking the thumbnails. meisel-perfect interpretation as always but perfectly empty.

anyway, this wont make me buy vogue italia and i repeat, linda evangelista is just ugly and dumb-looking. :sick:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like her ed, and the cover does look like a bad ralph lauren ed :lol:

ok i don't like linda but why did the cover have to be so bad?:doh:
the ed looks good though, not what i expected.

I dont like this 90s Supermodel revival :doh: The eds alright, but I would have prefered to see a younger girl in there. Any information on other eds yet ?

I've grown used to the idea of using supers on the cover of VI, but if we do have one, can it at least be an interesting one?

Love it! The ed is gorgeous, as is the cover! The seamless door shot is such a great opening to a day in the life of the Duchess and her castle.

It is very disheartening for me to see how much ageism there is in these mag threads whenever someone considered older is on a cover. Linda is a model that truly enjoys what she does & she's had a long & stellar career...which most of the younger models of today can only dream of having. Women only become more interesting as the get older. It's fine if you don't like the cover or edit...but the ageism comments are really disempowering to all women.

I agree with Mr-Dale:lol:
And MissMagAddict:flower:

This is a wonderful cover. The natural setting contrasts the photoshop antics we've seen for quite a few months of VI this year already :smile:

I don't think it has anything to do with ageism...it's about prefering a model of today's generation and not one from the nineties. I personally have been misunderstood in that matter before where I used the terms oldie and newbie referring to generations instead of ages. I have nothing against models of all ages, but I do oppose the supers taking over all major ads and now the covers as well leaving little room for the new models. And yes, I feel they are taking over...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->