Vogue Italia June 2010 : Eva Herzigova by Steven Meisel

im very into being clean & always struggle when meisel goes 'dirty' - its like that unexpected cover from september. i didnt like it then & i still dont. now, with this issue- after seeing the main editorial, i really dont like it. the clothes aren't even stylish; i can respect a bit of grime but when i can't identify style- i sign off completely.

CTRL + ALT + DELETE
all systems down

Last edited by a moderator:
LOVE everything except the beauty pages
Will buy 2 copies just for the Meisel spread!!!!

Meisel's ed is such a horrid mess that I'm actually glad Danielle and Sunniva are not in it. I don't want to see models covered with mud and grime on fashion magazines, that's for sure.

i'm overwhelmed with the main edit, it's extremely lyric :heart: i bow down at the male models' expressivity, at Valerija's genuine and compelling presence, and at the fashion editors' willing to offer an innovative and artistic Vogue Italia issue each passing month.
the Beauty edit is splendid as well :heart:

I guess I'm one of the few people who don't like the main ed at all, way too messy.

Your not the only one. I'm hugely disappointed with the main edit. It's messy and dull :doh:.
After not rating Meisel, I have been admiring his work for Vogue Italia for the past couple of issues too.

Eva's edit by Glen Luchford is incredible. The photography and styling is much clearer and more visually appealing.

Eva Herzigova by Glen Luchford makes me laugh !! this is so theatrical. Each photo is a story. Also the styling is great for a film. I like how Eva is involved like an actress.

The ed by Meisel is ok. It had to be a lot of work to install everything but there is a lake of sense or poetry.

i'm sorry, but i LOVE "Wild Is The Wind". i think it's gorgeous!! it's a story of these ramblin' gypsy folks, stuck in the woods. maybe post-apocalyptic. maybe they've just been camping too long. who knows! maybe their own secret society. it doesn't matter. it's different and unique and gross and pretty and 1000x better than another boring studio shoot with some model jumping up and down making smiley faces.

i suspect that Meisel chose Eva finally, because she's been looking a little more edgy lately. sunken and such. lol. not her typical, curvy beautiful sex-bomb self.

the main edit is splendid... but I'm so hugely disappointed with Glen Luchford's ed... I even think that it was unnecessary to publish that :(

where are sunniva,magdalena and danielle z??????

but i love the story!!!

Excuse my simple-mindedness, but I am confused about Wild Is The Wind, are they supposed to be in a shanty town or something?

they are just young people living in a forest, because they have no money and have been excluded from society ...
Meisel carries on looking at today's society ... Could be joined with that april (?) 2009 story, just that recession is getting worse and our youth's living like homeless. there are some in France, I know for sure !

Eva Herzigova by Glen is purely great ... Very cinematic and this confusion about her role in the mansion ... Servant or Bourgeoise ? is even making it greater ... And this touch of Newton is perfectly nailed in the narrative ...

Last edited by a moderator:
i loveed more the ed of Eva by Glen Luchford the editorial of Meisel is food but no amazing have a mixed of diferents editorial oh him in Vogue IT 2009 nothing new

I am extremely disappointed with this ed
I was expecting Magdalena to appear but
I only recognize Valerija and Eva alog with Cole and Yuri

strange main ed, it reminds me of john galliano's past "global travelers".
I like that other ed with eva!

I love the concept Meisel was going for, but the end result is just terrible. There's way too much going on in a single shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->