Vogue Italia June 2012 : Isabella Rossellini by Steven Meisel

Awww, what a beautiful, timeless face: it's nice to see Isabella on the cover. :heart:

I don't mind Isabella on the cover, but it looks so dated. When I first saw a picture of it on ontd, I thought it was a cover from the 80s. The colors are very unappealing with all those pink/orange hues.

don't ask me how I got a copy today :P

REVIEW

Vogue Beauty - 9p
Toni Garrn by Camilla Åkrans
Editor: Ludivine Poiblanc

Fascino Senza Età - 24p
Isabella Rossellini, Guinevere Van Seenus, Donna Mitchell, Carolyn Murphy‎, Lauren Helm, and Susan Forristal by Steven Meisel
Editor: Karl Templer

Sport And Glamour - 17p
Jourdan Dunn by Francesco Carrozzini
Editor: Patti Wilson

Bo Derek by Bruce Weber - 14p
Editor: Naomi Wilding

Jessica Brown Findlay by Miles Aldridge - 12p

Editor: Cathy Kasterine

The casting for this issue is so out of left-field, I love it.

Wow Jourdan Dunn in a 17 page editorial:woot: I can't wait to see this!

This issue seems reassuring, weird cover aside though.

I'm totally in love with this cover. Isabella looks stunning and I think the cover is a classic. Can't wait for the main editorial. Such a great model cast can do no wrong.

Now the cover looks dated and old with the theme and the model. It's too much.

I mean the fact that she is kinda old (but still beautiful) and properly also was famous in the 90s - doing the vintage 90s theme is a very idea, using a young model/actress would be nicer. Understandable. I thought this was a 1992s cover to be honest

Without Edward, Vogue Italia is kinda boring.

yes it is Karl, I'm sure the edit will make up for [fingers crossed] the cover which albeit isn't my cup of T but it isn't as horrible as it could possibly be. VI was just better in the Past. each issue I hope for a knock your socks off cover, am let down, but pleased by the content... I'm enjoying the casting as well. hello jourdan!

Hmm even though i respect Meisel this is not a cover of his calibre, maybe worst of the year even though the model seems to be feeling good.

The editorial might be good though but cover seems like a vintage.

The funny thing about it is that her 1990 cover is miles ahead of this one.

After looking at the cover long enough I finally pinpointed what's bothering me...sans the Vogue logo it would like one of these embarassing self-help books you can get for 5 dollars. The cast for the main ed sounds good though, but I'm not holding my breath...

The review souns so boring

Thanks for the review tentalicious, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the content. As for the cover, it's so bad that I'd rather have seen a reprint. I could never like it, one of the worst VI covers I've seen.

I don't know why everyones panties are in a twist over this. It may not be the best Vogue It cover, not even close, but it is something unexpected and different, which takes a lot of guts. It is also one of the only covers from all of the Vogue's "health" issues that features a healthy, relatable, realistic woman.

yeah unexpected but it doesn't look good thats my problem. i have nothing against experimentation just make it..good :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->