Vogue Italia June 2015 : The China Issue

Miss Dalloway

Reaction score
Snapped by TFS member Pedro, from the latest digital issue of Vanity Fair Italia. Huge thanks to him.:heart:

vogueitaliajune15.jpg

Screen_Shot_2015_06_03_at_9_13_12_PM_1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Might as well be fan-made, although I do like the idea of a Chinese Marilyn.

the two last covers on the first row are amazing, the rest is a no

The ad in the issue says that the covers were shot by 4 different well established Photographers, thanks to Pedro for the info. No names though, who do you guys see?

Surely that Fei Fei cover is by Meisel? Maybe Chinese Marilyn by Testino?

If this is the end of Meisel for VI, or him having an exclusive, i would be happy with the fact he still shot at least 1 cover!

ok maybe they are not so great... I wish they had more piercings, like Pat did on the Givenchy show last season

The 3 first covers are great, but the Marlyn's is very ugly.

The second and third covers on the top row are great. To be honest, they all look like they could have been done by Meisel to me

I really like the Marylin one. The first and second covers look nothing like Vogue Italia.

I like the one with Fei Fei, the other ones are unnecessary. The Marilyn cover looks like it was shot by Steven Klein.

I like all the covers but Fei Fei always wins. Excited for this issue.

Eek, the first one looks like an editorial in a China airlines inflight magazine. Second and third are okay-ish I guess, nothing groundbreaking. The Warhol-esque series screams Tumblr to me. Big fail for Franca if you ask me.

The Fei Fei cover is the only one you need, others are totally redundant to me.

I actually really like the covers 2 & 3 but I really dislike the other covers. The first cover is not even worth to be a VI cover.
The last cover image in different colors is kinda bad ... trying tooo hard it fails! It is a mess!

I think the idea of a Chinese issue is really cool, but the only cover that looks like it should be a VI cover is the Fei Fei one. The rest are not good, and the first one is so commercial looking!

Fei Fei's cover is by Mert & Marcus I think!

Trio - Mario Sorrenti
Yuan Bo Chao - Craig McDean
Xiao Wen - Steven Klein

Meisel did not contribute this time :(

is that yuan bo chao? good for her! her cover and fei fei's are lovely.

The Fei Fei cover..... WOW! She killed me with that stunning gaze!
VI really needed a break from Meisel, great results! Great move Franca, sometimes change is needed!

the cover models are :Jing wen, Si Miao Bin(or Gia Tang)?, Fernanda Hin Lin Ly, Yuan Bo Chao, Sun Fei Fei, Ju Xiao Wen

The Yuan Bo Chao cover looks the most Meisel-esque, but then again McDean's work can sometimes scew in that eerily familiar direction. I like Fei Fei's as well, although the whole nose ring/Tisci mafia look is getting a bit redundant for me; at least in this incarnation.

All cover no are good, but the Warhol style are so tricky, but im glad se no Meisel, Italian Vogue need a change

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->