Vogue Italia March 1999 : Malgosia Bela and Maggie Rizer by Steven Meisel

so her name in 'Milano News' is on the tip of my tongue.
Images 1, 12 & 2nd to last. i believe she's Icelandic. I remember her from a HB edit c 1997 styled by melanie ward, in which said model carried a rocket!

In new issue of Vogue Poland Malgosia shared a story about this cover. It was her second time seeing Steven. First time was when she shot a story for couture suplement with Emily Sandberg. And when they called her the second time, she didnt know that they already gave her that cover. She was in Hamburg working for Jil Sander. The next day she was supposed to be in NY. Her agency didnt know how to transport here there, so they booked Concorde from Paris. The day she was going to leave Hamburg she overslept and missed her flight to Paris. But luckly for her another plane was going in a hour later. Without a right ticket the crew let her go to Paris so she got in to the Concorde flight to NY. They were shooting this story in some empty place with cold water for hours. Malgosia said that she wasnt sure if this shoot will be ever published. At the end, she got both covers, the main one and the suplement. From that time her career took of really fast.

"Nova Energia"

Model: Malgosia Bela
Photographer: Mario Sorrenti

Scanned and combined by me

Last edited:
"Colori"

Model: Malgosia Bela
Photographer: Paolo Roversi

Scanned and Combined by me

Infinium

Photographer is Javier Vallhonrat. His name is in the text
Model is Kim Iglinsky, i guess