Vogue Italia June 2009 : Meghan Collison by Steven Meisel

I love the cover and I love Imogen and Abbey Lee in the Emma Somerton ed :flower:

I think VI isn't about stylism. VP is all about the stylism, VI on the other hand is more an arty vision of fashion. Its how I see it anyway, when I flip through a VI issue I know that I will not be inspired by the clothes, but by something else.
That's why I love both VP and VI, there complementary to me.
VI's stylism is very often disapointing I'm used to it :lol:

I definitely agree with you. For me, when I open a fashion magazine, I prefer to see clothes and new and innovative ways to wear them rather than fantastical, over-the-top editorials (which is usually what VI is). I do love location shoots, but I really like a perfect balance between the background and the fashion. When the background, the props, the model, and the clothes are completely in synch, that is a perfect fashion editorial for me. I have nothing against neutral shades (I adore nudes, blacks, and whites), but think there is a certain way to show them. I prefer when I see the clothes and the models before anything else. Also, I like to recognize the clothes as something I saw before from a runway shot. Whenever I look at VI, I can never tell which outfit came from which collection. The styling is always so anonymous! That's probably why I prefer VP to VI :lol:!

As for the quote on the cover, I'm guessing it's completely fabricated. I've searched through google and nothing has come up. If it were a recent quote, I'm sure it would have popped up. Probably a joke on us :wink:!

Last edited by a moderator:
I see Bai Ling in that pink dress :ninja:

:lol:!! Sessilee looks VERY Oriental with the platinum bob! Also, the lighting makes her skin look farer. I think Sessilee is a very good model, but this editorial does nothing for me. It looks like something I could see in any issue of Harper's Bazaar. The styling is very generic.

i'm head over heels with Sessilee's edit, she looks stunning, great concept/photography....yep, that's the clincher for me, I'm buying it even though i LOATHE meghan!!

I'm on the fence with the cover... I don't like Meghan and it's not a great shot, but I quite like the concept...
As for the cast, it's a bit toon "bland - blander - blandest" for my taste but there are some good shots... I'm growing tired of the 80's trend though

Sessilee's ed looks terrible, it looks like a bad church fashion show in a abandoned warehouse. And that wig!!! what the hell!!!

I am not pleased...

diciassette, is there any new campaign images from the VI? thx :smile:

Abbey Lee looks amazing with blonde hair. :shock: Imogen looks great as well. It's a really cute Ed. :heart:

Sessilee's Ed is really bad. the styling and lighting bother me. :yuk:

In one shot Abbey really looks like Amy Wesson.

I love Beauty shots, especially the first one. Who's the model?

I love Beauty shots, especially the first one. Who's the model?
Alek Alexeyeva. She's brilliant and works out that top hat like no one else. Several thanks Diciassette for scanning this story :flower:

Thanks for id-ing her.

The beauty ed is so nice. Michelangelo Di Battista is very underrated in my opinion.

Thanks for id-ing her.

The beauty ed is so nice. Michelangelo Di Battista is very underrated in my opinion.

You're welcome and I share your point on Michelangelo... underrated photographer + underrated model = unexpected amazing editorial

US magazines should be ashamed knowing that other publications are light years ahead of them. This issue is really great even though I'm still not a fan of patriarch Meisel.

sessilee's edit is my favourite but overall i don't find this issue very impressive...

Beautiful colors and lighting in Michaelangelo's ed :woot::heart:

Thanks for all the scans, Diciassette.

Was this already mentioned?

posted by Maya at fashion-iconography.net:

+100 anniversary of l'oreal hana s. ph by francesco carrozzini

sounds kinda interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj