Vogue Italia March 2012 : Joan Smalls by Steven Meisel

yayy Joan! I was so taken with her face that i didn't notice how she was styled at first :P

Holy lord mother of God Jesus Christ Mary & Joseph!!!!!!!!!! :woot: I feel like I've just won an Oscar!!!! (this is about me right now, obviously :rofl:) I can't deal!!!!!!

when i saw the name joan small on the cover, i thought of you immediately. now u can have her fighting for the number one spot with karlie.

so happy for joan after all the hardwork finally she has scored a vogue cover and best of all, a vogue italia edition.

she is a beautiful woman but this is ridiculous, she doesn't look good with that mess of make-up and I'm a Meisel follower and I do love Joan a lot as a model, but this doesn't work; obviously lots of people will 'love' it because it's this team of Meisel + Italian Vogue and Joan but sometimes even with the best people in the industry, you're not garanteed to have the best work. I mean come on, it looks like Carmen Miranda/Carnival/Big mess = not a high fashion glamorous cover; yet there's the humor aspect and yes I imagine there's a point, but I simply don't follow it.

when i saw the name joan small on the cover, i thought of you immediately. now u can have her fighting for the number one spot with karlie.

so happy for joan after all the hardwork finally she has scored a vogue cover and best of all, a vogue italia edition.

All you guys think I'm crazy, so I'm just gonna embrace it!! :lol:

I'm just so happy she got the MARCH cover!! That is one of the biggest of the year. OK, I'm leaving now, and I won't be back for another 24 hours, so everyone can relax. *resident crazy leaving the building.......*

u should give joan a call. she probably doesnt know that she is on the cover of vogue italia.

it's a good cover!!!!!

A big well done and congrats to Joan on the cover not entirely enthusiastic about the over all look but still happy!! Go Joan!!! :heart:

This is awful! It looks like a cover shot from i-D magazine. All that is missing is the signature wink!

This is probably one of the worst covers Meisel has ever shot. I understand the irony in the photo shooting, but still, this is giving me a headache. The colours, the general aesthetic - it just doesn't work. The creative direction here is awful! And the model is positively atrocious. I will never understand how she reached such heights in the industry with a face like that.

Disappointing. I miss the early 2000's for Vogue Italia. Now those was incredible magazines! :heart:

The cover are terrible bad Joan are pretty woman her look ugly, the styling are really bad & the cover look shoting from amareur i think simetime vogue italia borung me to dead
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not surprised at all about this cover, with the work she's been putting in it was only a matter of time. Even with the tacky theme, she looks good and dare I say softer/more her age than she normally photographs. Can't wait to see the full editorial and the rest of the contents for this month.

Haha this is so much fun, tacky all the way!

But what a unexpected cover choice, and still under all that garish make-up you cant take away from that stunning face!!

Her death stare is killing me here. It was what made this cover for me and eventhough I don't love Joan she definitely deserved this. Excited for the HC Supplement to say at least!

I adore Joan, I think she deserved Vogue cover more than anyone... but I wish I liked the cover... she has one of the most stunning faces in the industry and I would have loved to see something more flawless and sensual... anyway good for her record! many more to come I hope!

Very beautiful! I do get a Moroccan vibe out if it! Very elegant yet tacky! Love it so much! Joan is gorgeous!

borderline for me, almost reminds me of Beyonce's Dazed but i prefered the Dazed cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->