Vogue Italia May 2019 : Anok Yai by Steven Klein

The outfit and the background don't work here. Wish the masthead were vibrant and not dark. The main ed and the Lexi Boling one are nice.

It looks Lucinda is better suited at VI than at American Vogue. Hopefully she'll style more often for this edition. But with different photographers, please. And I like the photography and effect of the Sassen shoot, but the styling looks very Elle to me.

Overall Olins' edit is the most narrative driven one in this issue. I don't get the storyline or narrative of the cover and edit. And before the criticism start again that commenters in this section 'live in the past', when your vocabulary is images (like it is celebrities for American or British Vogue, and styling for French Vogue), you really need to make sure the magazine is filled with strong, directional images. The publishing industry is already so saturated. We can get the Dario's edit in Le Monde once a week, the Wilson/Klein pairing have been done to death under Franca too.
I'm just not getting a point of view from this edition and for them it's probably more important than anything else. It is actually Portugal and Ukraine that deliver more thematic and defined covers.

Also, as much as I want to like it, the filter/effect used is annoying.

Is the new guy gonna be any better though?

True. GB got the job because of Farneti. It means all of this is reflective of Farneti's TASTE. I don't see it getting any better.

Also, as much as I want to like it, the filter/effect used is annoying.

True. GB got the job because of Farneti. It means all of this is reflective of Farneti's TASTE. I don't see it getting any better.

Why is he leaving?....power or control issues?

Is the new guy gonna be any better though?
I don't know... He is the Versace creative director, I particularly don't like news Versace campaigns, but he has a better relationship with Meisel than Giovanni, let's see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->