Vogue Italia October 2006 : Nicole Richie by Steven Meisel

Hana_N said:
I like the idea of it, but not the execution.

It's a bit too boring and I feel the irony isn't strong enough.

Exactly, i don't like this.

alana zimmer is in inez and vinoodh`s ed also
source- supreme

Last edited by a moderator:
At least I will save some money not buying this issue:-) I am not a celeb fan (especialy not on the fash mag covers) though Nicole looks surprisingly good this time.

Sorry but the replies to this thread are really irritating me.

I know a lot of people here have a problem with "celebrities" in fashion magazines (which is silly in itself) but surely you can understand that the fashion world and the culture of celebrity are very much intertwined?

Celebrities wear fashion. In fact, high fashion is created for celebrities (as they are the only ones who can afford the ridiculously overpriced clothes), not for models. Miesel is clearly commenting on the way the fashion world and celebrity world overlap and he's done it in a tacky, tabloid style to be IRONIC.

Does it MATTER if you "hate" Nicole Richie for whatever petty reason? The point is, she wears designer clothes, she reads fashion magazines, she goes to fashion shows, she IS part of the fashion world. Her being on the cover is going to attract attention and sales. And, to me and anyone else who can see past the "tackiness" this topic makes a really interesting editorial.

Phew. If that made any sense.

I'm with you 100% ladyflash.....

i think people are taking this waaaay to seriously....people need to ease up and take it for what it's supposed to be.....fun!!

i personally love it..it's fun to look at whether you think it's tasteful or not....

I think Nicole looks wonderful on the cover..her hair, make up and clothes look really good. Angie Harmon looks divine..

I like the cover. Nicole look gorgeous!

Oh God this looks like Star magazine edit. What an horrible direction Italian Vogue has take with this issue. Everything that has separated it from USA Vogue has vanished!

I enjoyed the editorial I felt it was ironic and subversive much like Meisel's faux-paparazzi shot editorial. The pictures look so much like the real thing but since they're taken out of context it almost makes you question the real thing and its validity. Those red carpet "candids" of celebrities are every bit as orchestrated and planned as a fashion shoot yet were fed this version of reality constantly from the tabloid press when ultimately its all rubbish. I don't know if that message was Meisel's intention but that's what I took away from those photos. It is like an issue of Hello but I think its a comment on how every damn magazine is turning into that manner of glossy rag. That said, I do feel that the worlds of fashion and celebrity are intertwined in an often regrettable manner. Notice how most of the non models aka celebs in this (with the possible exception of Mandy Moore who I find fairly harmless) are either B&C list or just tabloid names. I didn't see any real legitimate stars. It looks fairly bottom rung if you ask me.

Can someone scan the Naomi edit plz? She outshines everyone in that Hollywood Style section. And who are the black models featured in the Non Conformist editorial?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love most of Meisel's work, and I think he is the best fashion photog. But I really don't like this ed, is it really fashion today?

amber looks fabulous^_^
but ryan seacrest lol lol:innocent:
thankyou for posting the pictures!!:flower:

thanks for posting the pictures....
i dont know how many 'ordinary' people are going to 'get' this....
i dont know if i would have picked up on it before i discovered tfs, which is shameful but true....:innocent:
i guess you've gotta learn sometime.....

but i'm left wondering something.....
what do these B-list celebs think of this?....
i'm wondering if THEY themselves get it?....
do you think nicole's just delighted to be on the cover of italian vogue?.....would they participate in something if they realised they were being mocked?.....or am i misunderstanding, and is that all part of the brilliance?.....

I read all posts here and.. I don't know. This issue is disappointing to me. I'm hesitating to buy this one.. Hmm.. :ermm:

i thought the one magazine that had models on the cover would stay true, but crap man, this BAD, very BAD. I had huge respect for meisels talent and I.V. but now...

Meisel is a god. it must be an ultimate dream to be photographed by him.
but Richie? nooo!
i still believe in my Vogue Italia. the "bible".

anyone have the kate's scans???...is this issue available in NYC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->