Vogue Japan January 2012 : Maryna Linchuk by Giampaolo Sgura

Giampaolo Sgura has proved himself as a photographer, I admire his aesthetics. Yet his covers for Vogue Japan, both of them, have been underwhelming and awkward. I'd always assumed his cover images would be similar to the work he produces for Vogue Paris' Zoom pages. Those are very satisfying and more acceptable for covers.

On the plus side, Ymre by Victor Demarchelier is outstanding.

Maryna's gaze is like no other, it literally is so commanding
overstyling is so annoying, but assume Anna DR did this :lol:

Vogue Germany Jan 2011 and now Vogue Japan Jan 2011
starting off the years just right :woot:

Maryna is the only saving grace in this. Otherwise I hope that Sgura shooting the cover will not happen every month. Going form I&V, McDean & Sorrenti to him would be just more proof of the poor financial state of this magazine.

Thrilled to see Maryna on another Vogue cover......no question.
Unfortunately Vogue Nippon covers are always such a bloody mess.

Maybe because I'm biased, but Constance's cover is way more appealing than Maryna's. There's too much going on with Maryna's cover.

I like Maryna's cover, but getting tired of the same cover look month after month. Love Constance, but her cover (if it is a cover) doesn't do her justice.

i wanna kill vogue japan editors for putting so much texts on the covers, always!

I really dislike Giampaolo's photography, it's so weak and does not deserve to have a cover of this edition of Vogue. The styling is great, though.

I like Marina Lynchuk, but not the cover... She looks like a samurai in it, dislike the styling and the theme... anyway c'mon i don't think Giampaolo's work is that bad :/

remember that Maryna supposedly did a shoot for D&G? it seems that it was just an ed for this issue after all..

Bigger with different text(?)
XvPnm.jpg

designscene.net

HQ Cover
Ph: Giampaolo Sgura
St: Anna Dello Russo
Hair: Andrew Guida
Makeup: Andrea Costa

storemags

Minus the bag, I think the cover is good although it could have been amazing if they'd used a beauty shot instead. I mean, look at her face. It deserves a close up.

And I'm happy that Maryna, after a long silent career, opened 2012 with a bang! Hope it's a start of a good year to her..

Cruising in Style
Ph: Victor Demarchelier
St: Sissy Vian
Hair: Nicolas Jurnjack
Makeup: Fulvia Farolfi

storemags

Too much text, the classic Vogue's Nippon cover.
I like the way she holds her hair but her face isn't well appreciated.

Cosmetic Vision
VOGUE BEAUTY SUPPLEMENT
Ph: Daniel Slijper
St: Darcy Backlar
Hair: Alain Pichon
Makeup: Wendy Rowe

storemags

what`s happened? George Cortina is still associate fashion director (red index page) and i can`t see any editorial by him and the mag is total lackluster. New fashion editors, new and tatally failure photographers (cedric buchet, andes sjodin, sophia neophitou...) the level is going down very fast. no surprise what i skip 2nd issue in a row (normally i am buying each or at least 10 times per year)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarenabrilcoleman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->