Vogue Paris August 2011 : Lara Stone by Inez & Vinoodh

i think lara needs to do something different too, not just freja...maybe one of those jumping editorials or ones where she laughs or something...

I love Lara, Natasha and Isabeli in the collections ed. LA makes a great backdrop but I don't feel I&V did it justice and the styling isn't too exciting. Compared to other collections editorials from recent memory this one is definitely weaker (especially Sorrenti's from Feb. which was brilliant).
I hope to see something more enticing from the September issue.

The main editorial is surprisingly staid when taking into consideration the locations it was shot in, the cast and photographers that were utilized and the magazine it was published in. Points Forts is beautiful though and had it been longer, I would have purchased this issue.

Previous collections editorial by I&V in August 2009, shot simply in the studio, without any city background was much better.

The L.A. ed it's good, but IMO very bad styled, i hate those Louboutines everywhere.
And poor Raquel, Arizona and Isabeli I can't see their faces!

I think the editorials are ok. I love the images by Hans Feurer. Theres just something wrong about 'Escale A L.A.' its like deja vu.

I like 'Vibrations chromatiques' editorial and Snejana's presence in the issue, but that's all. Same models all the time, boring.

Compared to other collections editorials from recent memory this one is definitely weaker (especially Sorrenti's from Feb. which was brilliant).

I think the model choice for this one is weaker too. Yes these are the "established" models who typically do excellently, but what does Emanuelle have against using more than the same 10 models? Like in Febraury there were "newer" models with Daphne and Saskia, last August had Aline, Jac, Frida, Aline, etc. Carine didn't seem completely against using new & different models. Whereas, Emmanuelle seems to be totally against it at this point.

Well, I guess Arizona is a new addition.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree looks like the february 2011 Issue with the eds
but some of the shots are off especially Raquel's shots and that awful styling
Isabeli's are boring too

Best shots are from Lara, Anna, Natasha and Arizona

I`m loving this issue so far. Less Snejana`s editorial

Great cover! Most of the editorials are pretty nice. The L.A. editorial, I agree, too long. There were some great shots in there, but the mediocre ones overwhelmed them.

how many times has Freja, Natasha, Lara, and Raquel been styled like this?

the only shots I don't mind are Isabeli's and Arizona (can't believe i said that)
while Lara's shots are the strongest, im quite bored
i usually love the collections editorials

Is there a shot of Balenciaga in main editorial??? I don't see it they're still blacklist or what??

Great Cover!! But Escale L.A. ED not so much, might sound repetitive, but i didn't feel at all, i think the clothes doesn't suit that much with the theme, and also the cast of models :/... i like lara's and isabeli's work (even though i i'm not a fan of them), but i think Freja's look was way too modern for this ED.

I really enjoy "Points Forts" of Anna Selezneva by Karim Sadlim it was amazing =)
And i like Snejana's presence in the mag.

Escale A L.A. is beyond exceptional!! I can't tell which shots are my favorites.
Natasha's shot in the Galliano outfit in Venice...Raquel's shot of turning in that Giorgio Armani dress...The shot of Lara at the beach in the car..the shot of Natasha in D&G....The other shots of Nataha in Dsquared and Louis Vuitton..I can go on and on why I'm head over heels.
Oh, did I mention how glad Snej nabbed another edit? <3

Previous collections editorial by I&V in August 2009, shot simply in the studio, without any city background was much better.

Yes! I was looking forward to a shoot like that, some studio pictures mixed with some location ones. Not only location pictures that were 'cut' the same way. I was hoping for some full-page pictures as well.. Those pictures do nothing to inspire me come fall, I don't get any fall feeling what so ever from the photographs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->