Vogue Paris August 2011 : Lara Stone by Inez & Vinoodh

i agree with the freja lovers :smile: i think she can show a different, better side of herself. it's not good to put her in that rocker/punk theme the whole time, that's too easy and boring.

Lara is THE best thing about this issue, I'm getting it solely for her
those shots by Hans of Jourdan and Natasha are incredible!

Escale A L.A. is such a useless editorial and unnecessarily long.

I still have yet to purchase an issue VP this year. I really don't care how visually pleasing the photos are, if there's no substance or vision, I'm not spending my money on it. It's just getting tiresome.

Main ed is WAY too long..65 pages I counted? Way too long.

Lara, Freja, and Natasha had some nice shots. I felt Arizona and Raquel were just kinda in the background, Lara definitely was the star.

And I agree with everyone else, the whole "freja punk, hardcore, rocker" is old. Yes, she's edgy, but try something different!

The ed is boring. It's way to long and as everyone's been saying, the whole Freja rock-thing is getting really boring. She is so versatile and can do so much more, so idg why she has to be the one in black white shots with a band in the back.

the beauty editorial is a joke....there are kids on youtube doing better makeup than that.

The main edit is way too long, indeed, and I don't think it's the best work VP has ever done. But I like it anyway and maybe it's because of I&V.
BTW, the colors are so neon again. I've felt this for most of the issues this year. I don't know why they do this but I hope they won't do that again, bacause it makes the pics look not to have depth. It feels too light.

I'm starting to undetstand how VP is going under Alt. The eds are hardly as striking, provocative or controversial as it was under Carine. But it's been keeping the average quality every month so far. Not too sensational, but not too bad either. It felt so boring at first but if they keep this up, I don't think it's a bad thing.
When Carine was EIC some of the issues were dull whereas others were very intriguing. I think VP is getting 'calm' and almost equal when it comes to the quality of eds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Main ed lacks many things, its worst collections ed VP has done, maybe it will look better in print (mostly the colors) but as a whole I'm disappointed, agree with everyone saying that Lara is the best part of it, but Natasha & Raquel also have one or two nice shots. Overall I could find like 5 shots that I saved.

Anna's bijoux ed is stunning, of course it reminds me her May ed, but it's still great. She looks beautiful in Miss Vogue aswell. Natasha's shots are better than Jourdan's in Feurer's ed. And get rid of this cheap awful font VP! I was hoping to see new layout this month, hopefully there's improvement in September issue, because I remember reading somewhere that there would be redisign.

This issue is not bad but I only like both Anna's edds. Points Forts is very Emanuele. I'm surpriesed she didn't style it.

Escale A L.A. is quite dissapointing. I don't feel it at all. The best part of this are Freja's and Lara's shots. At least they gave much during the shoot. IMO Isabeli, Arizona, Natasha and Raquel don't exist on the photos. Just bored girls waking and jumping around LA.

And also, I kinda miss the risk, the mistery, the vulgarity and passion that VP always had. Right now everything it's easy and simple, too simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Escale A L.A." is disappointing, there is too much going on, without any real focus on the clothes....the ed is also too long....

Couldn't have said it better myself. What a mess of an editorial!

:wub: loved every single shot of isabeli, followed by natasha and surprisingly a few of arizona's shots. freja, raquel and lara's shots didn't do anything for me, i didn't like much of it. liked the tisci interview and moderz dans le rentree but that was it, not a great issue for me personally.

Some of these - mainly Freja's, Natasha's and some of Lara's shots - are way too dark and messy and you can barely see the clothes.

I think they're just dark because of the digital edition though, Vogue Paris always looks pretty ugly in it's online form somehow. The colours are never right.

Oh wow, I thought this issue is going to be amazing but boy was I wrong.

Escale A L.A. is just fine for me. Not that great nor bad. I like the idea of having some places on the city as the backdrop but, to me, it doesn't just work well with the styling (On some shots). But I have to say that Lara's the star of this editorial. Next being Natasha. :smile:

As expected, Emmanuelle's styling for the main editorial is terrible, ugh :yuk: The other shots look great, though. I love the ones with Arizona, Raquel, Isabeli and Lara.
The rest is quite bad. I'm definitely not a fan of those studio shots by Sgura and Anna's doesn't do anything to me, it's terribly boring.

wow what a terrible issue :lol: this magazine is sinking fast. I suppose it would look less bad in real life cause this internet published magazines (¿PDFs?) have the worst quality and colors.

I've never seen an editorial that bad that long, only Arizona's shots are ok, they even made lara look uncomfortable in many shots and in the rest there is always something wrong wether it is Lara's and Raquel's awful hairdos, or the terrible styling, I can't believe Alt styled Prada that way :sick: she should only do denim eds.

Giampaolo Sgura ed is so average, I'm surprised such a regular photographer is being used in Vogue, there are far better working people right now, and not even an amazing photographer like Karim Sadli could save that editorial it just lacks a history, is obvious they are run out of ideas.

Even Hans beuty ed looks bad this month, it's seriously overdone.

I'll give them the Bijoux ed as the only thing good in the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->