Vogue Japan January 2020 : Grace Elizabeth & Anok Yai by Nick Knight

I wonder how it could've look like if they hadn't turn that sepia Retrica filter on
Lol @ Retrica! I wonder if that app still exists... no, but really - whoever retouched this cover did MUCH more than they needed to with these two beautiful girls. Anok looks purple.

Speaking of, did Estee Lauder pay for this?

I was looking forward to that cover, but hey just had to add this atrocious filter! I wonder who's to blame: Nick Knight or the editor?

First Teller, now Nick Knight. Is Vogue Japan on a mission to erase the style of these photographers on their covers? Why bother booking them if you're really after an Alexi Lubomirski-style shot?

What in the Avon airbrushed to death campaign is this? a mess. Lol.

:lol::lol::lol:

And yes, Armani! I'm convinced they've tried to appease Estee Lauder with this cover. But the filter and the masthead, oh God.

What a disappointment! I expected so much by this duo and photographer. Vogue Japan really makes any photographer's signature style void. No wonder why their best covers are by Luigi and Iango whose signature style is being generic and making models look like Brigitte Bardot. :doh:

What a gorgeous cover, they have really been ona roll this year. Great way to usher in 2020.

Despite the filter and all of the airbrushing, I like the cover. Both models look stunning and it works for VJ. I do wish they kept the crisp original colors with a white backdrop, probably would've looked better - I wonder if they used the filter through out the whole editorial? Hope not. I'd definitely buy it if they sold it here, but it doesn't excite me enough to order online.

This is a rather gorgeous cover despite the over the top color filter.

So it turns out that the retrica filter was indeed the editor's choice. Nick's original version looks far better

I love the final picture by Nick Night but I´m not mad at the final cover with the purple filter, it´s new and surprising. The girls look WOW :flower:

A vast improvement from last month's unmemorable cover! And despite the horrid filter, you really cannot go wrong with a closeup of two beautiful models and I can appreciate the cover just for that alone.

So it turns out that the retrica filter was indeed the editor's choice. Nick's original version looks far better

He posted both actually...there's the two versions on his post...

And yes the filter was unnecessary

The girls look stunning but unfortunately it looks more like a CVS beauty ad

Even with the unnecessary filter, this is beautiful.
The original photo is better, but, I'm a sucker for a good beauty shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butterbutt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->