Vogue Japan July 2024 : Angelina Jolie by Takuya Uchiyama

The cover is something passable with a good composition, but the editorial is completely boring... I can't stand these celebrities who create brands and do these things to try to be relevant.

Just obvious promotion for her fashion project.
She looks extremely young on the cover. Wish i had her genes...lol

not what I was expecting to see when I read the title… the cover is ok, I was waiting/ wanted a bit more.

also, that colourful hair style photo channeling Lil’Kim is random AF.

I was gunning for better imho.

That's why it's late; they have a heavy-hitter on their cover this month.

It's a decent cover. An upgrade from last month.

The only Vogue cover I don't hate this month lol
Their bar has been really low recently

But is this a cheap version of the Veruschka shoot? White woman complex fitting into Japanese culture, very 47 ronin
I am sure they have done this concept a few times before
I will give them a free pass though for featuring Issey Miyake on the cover

veruschkaformidablemag09.jpg

Fashion magazines especially Vogue still fails to deliver decent fashion content. That editorial is Pen magazine at its best!

They could’ve done something like The emperors new clothes with Carolyn Murphy by Mario Testino, showing off her atelier Jolie clothes and the artisans.

This is so try hard. It’s the definition of someone who can’t read the room on the cover.

The cover is good but for a high end travel or lifestyle magazine than fashion so is the editorial though the clothes look good.

She looks stunning and fresh faced. I love her with the ponytail. Not completely what I would love to see from her but a step in the right direction and it goes well with what she’s trying to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriss00
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->