Vogue Mexico & Latin America January 2019 : Yalitza Aparicio & Irina Shayk

Love her in Roma. One of the best performances, not only of 2018, but of the decade. I like the cover, but judging by the editorial shots in the video, they have a lot more cover-worthy choices than this (I'm intrigued to see the one in the white dress. There's something very Monalisa-esque about it). I don't like how the dress in this cover (is it Dior?) look sort of rumpled. But other than that, it's definitely an inspired cover subject. Take notes, Anna.~

What a moment. Bravo Vogue Mexico!

I don't like how the dress in this cover (is it Dior?) look sort of rumpled.

Yes is Dior Resort 2019 (the collection inspired by the mexican escaramuzas), and looks rumpled because that dresses have so many ruffles that look better when you're standing. (Just imagine: in México when a escaramuza have a presentation or a show, the dress covers the top half of horse's body)

This is incredibly groundbreaking. An actual indigenous woman on the cover of Vogue Mexico.:heart:
Is this the first Indigenous woman to be on the cover? I am assuming that most models and celebrities, Mexicans included, were either of European or African descent.

Is this the first Indigenous woman to be on the cover? I am assuming that most models and celebrities, Mexicans included, were either of European or African descent.

Yalitza is the first clearly indigenous woman on the cover of Vogue Mexico, that I'm aware of. Her appearance is major and groundbreaking. The overwhelming majority of models on the cover of Vogue Mexico have been of European descent. Like most telenovelas.:wink:

Does anyone have advice or tips on getting print copies of international issues as a US resident? It seems like the bookstores here, like Barnes & Noble, only sell British, Italia, and Paris Vogue editions.

Does anyone have advice or tips on getting print copies of international issues as a US resident? It seems like the bookstores here, like Barnes & Noble, only sell British, Italia, and Paris Vogue editions.
Magazine cafe store and casa magazines sell the editions. In the case of Cafe Store you can buy it in their website or amazon, and in casa magazines you have to contact them via social media or you can visit them if you live in NY

S T U N N I N G .

Love everything about this. She's beautiful, the video is beautiful, her words are pure and true. Her performance in Roma is captivating. This is spectacular! Congratulations Vogue Mexico.

Magazine cafe store and casa magazines sell the editions. In the case of Cafe Store you can buy it in their website or amazon, and in casa magazines you have to contact them via social media or you can visit them if you live in NY

Ugh. I live in NY (coincidentally, a few blocks from Casa Magazines) but they NEVER have Vogue Mexico and I absolutely want this cover! Maybe I'll ask someone to mail it to me from Mexico CIty.

I have downloaded the digital edition, and DAMN! Yalitza spread is amazing: 10 pages, 5 shots, beautiful styling, EVERY-SINGLE-SHOT is a worthy-cover one.

Punto De Vista: Yalitza Aparicio

Photographer: Santiago & Mauricio
Editor: Regina Montemayor
Stylist: Pamela Ocampo
Hair: Manuel Oliva
Makeup: Monica Godines
Manicure: Gabriela Lopez Robledo
Cast: Yalitza Aparicio

k6WGw8Xq_t.jpg

[URL='http://imgbox.com/saV4I11V']
JB3RpTSG_t.jpg
[/URL]

Vogue Mexico Digital Edition

Estilo Vogue Tendencias: La Riviera

Photographer: Marcus Ohlsson
Stylist: Claire Dhelens
Hair: Johnnie Biles
Makeup: Christina Conrad
Cast: Vivienne Rohner

Natural

Photographer: An Le
Stylist: Michelle Cameron
Hair: Nabil Harlow
Makeup: Fulvia Farolfi
Manicure: Riyako Kobayashi
Cast: Irina Shayk

La Via Rapida

Photographer: Tom Schirmacher
Stylist: Anne Christensen
Hair: Romina Manenti
Makeup: Benjamin Puckey
Manicure: Michina Koide
Cast: Shelby Hayes

Vogue Belleza: Adios Excusas

Photographer: Mikael Schulz
Stylist: Nina Sterghiou
Hair: Fernando Torrent
Makeup: Misha Shalzada
Cast: Hana Jirikova

Punto De Vista: Yalitza Aparicio

Photographer: Santiago & Mauricio
Editor: Regina Montemayor
Stylist: Pamela Ocampo
Hair: Manuel Oliva
Makeup: Monica Godines
Manicure: Gabriela Lopez Robledo
Cast: Yalitza Aparicio

I´M CRYING AGAIN :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Her Name is Rio

Photographer: Martin Parr
Stylist: Pedro Sales
Makeup: Henrique Martins
Cast: Luna Bijl

Boy oh boy, Irina really is such a stunner! That editorial is beautiful. Also pleased to see Hana! Looking good as ever.

I'm guessing Irina will be on the cover of the Latin American edition when it really should be Yalitza. Nothing but love for the latter's edit!

Irina and Hana :heart: I'm suprised to see Martin Parr in a fashion magazine, he's like Steve McCurry shooting for Pirelli and Valentino or Paolo Pellegrin, so unexpected. I'm glad I restarted my Vogue collection when Karla took the helm. Vogue México became bigger and better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->