Vogue Netherlands October 2016 : Lara Stone by Peter Lindbergh

This is it? You had Lara and Lindbergh and you get this?

And the layout as well.. Did they try?

*Sigh* Even with the cream of the crop they still cannot get it right. Yes, it's classic and hauntingly beautiful Lindbergh shot, but why the overwhelming awful layout/colour, cropping, and downright budget feel?

Maybe it will be in gold foil? Otherwise I just don't get this bronze masthead...

I love Lara but this cover just isn't appealing in any way to me.

It's a beautiful shot but somehow it doesn't work...

They could have done something a little more glamourous. I mean come on, this looks very little house on the prairie. It's too raw, especially for Vogue.

It seems like Lindbergh did not care to take a epic covershot for Vogue NL

Zzzzzzz

Lara always carried a sense of being an uncomfortable outsider to the fashion world, which was refreshing at the time, but years later, it now feels like she often doesn't bother 'turning up' in her images anymore. Some models have a laser-like focus on success and are precision instruments when it comes to keeping their career going... that's not Lara. It's like she's at the stage where she can take it or leave it, and that apparent lack of effort or enthusiasm means I don't feel the same connection to her work.

So I'm really interested to see if any of the editorials capture a spark of what made her compelling when she was championed on the pages of Vogue Paris.

I actually blame Lindbergh for this. It's like he wanted an extra paycheck so he showed up, clicked the camera and left.

I always feel so embarrassed for lesser Vogues/ magazines that have to blare the stars they’ve convinced to show up with a huge coverline “WE GOT LARA STONE AND PETER LINDBERGH!!!”… when the results are the equivalent of an outtake that neither stars clearly made an effort on.

If you’re a small magazine, beat the giants with quality and creativity. Stop chasing brands who only throw you scraps.

This gold/brown/orange masthead is ugly and it's not the true color.

Lara Instagram a photo and its GOLD and it looks sooooo much better and this photo to me is breathtaking.

Lara is one of the few models who I love that really doesn't have that much range, but she delivers and it works everytime.

I was thrilled before opening the thread because Lara/ Lindbergh sounded promising... I didn't expect such a poor result, something's really off on that cover

There has to be better images worthy of the cover...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linawild
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->