Vogue Nippon September 2008 : Natasha Poly by Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Could you take a snap of the YSL ed or are you putting pictures on ebay? I'm really excited to see Luca and would be a bit dissapointet if it was not Luca in the end. Thanks though for your review :smile:.

Thank you very much for the review, fanta!

I'm looking forward to the beauty feature. May I ask who the photographer is?

The Sorrenti and Tanya eds also sound very interesting. :smile:

I love Vogue Nippon covers, say what you will about their covers being the same boring, spare one over a background of white every single month, but really, this is their own minimalist aesthetic and they stick by it and work it! Models in a Vogue Nippon cover have to really work it and be really awesome because there are almost never any gimmicky photography/photoshop tricks here or stuffed animals or whatever prop (hello, Meisel; not that I don't like his covers, because I really do!) to distract from bad posing and from just being un-fabulous. But now those awful letters which are totally conspicuous, such a scene-stealing eyesore! They ruin everything!

>>Marcel,

Sorry, I do not upload images here. If you know my email address,
please drop me a line and then I can send you a snap directly.

>>Omnis,

The photographer for Vogue Beauty is Miles Aldridge.
YSL editorial = Manuela Pavesi.
Tanya editorial = Ben Hassett.

Thanks a lot :smile:

Thanks for the review, fanta326!:flower:
I really want to see Raquel's ed, so many pages!:shock::rolleyes: And model of the month? That's an interesting new part.

>>Omnis,

The photographer for Vogue Beauty is Miles Aldridge.
YSL editorial = Manuela Pavesi.
Tanya editorial = Ben Hassett.

Thanks a lot :smile:

Knowing the photographer is Aldrigde makes it even more interesting! :woot:

Very interesting!Can't wait to see.Especially "Raquel in Japan"

Looks like this is going to be another great issue of Vogue Nippon, no matter what they do with the cover!

god, its such a fascism: put one model in a huge ed for the whole issue... and what to do if you dont like her? you just dont have any right to choose
fashion is really categorical and restrictive till death

Full review

1. Dark before the storm
m. Tanya D
ph. Ben Hassett
2. Long Live YSL
m. Luca G
ph. Manuela Pavesi
3. Portrait of a city(an amazingly long ed, with 42 pages.:shock:)
m. Rauqel Zimmermann, Rinko, 1 Japanese actress and 2 Japanese actor which i can't name
ph. Mario Sorrenti
4. Kiss of dream (beauty ed)
m. Georgina S.
ph. Miles Aldridge

Special:
1. Louis Vuitton at Comme des Garcons
m. Coco Rocha, Cintia Dicker

Supplement.
1. Sex and the City ( reprint from Vogue US)
2.Vogue Promotion special- Isetan Mania

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Agnete Hegelund in the Isetan special? I think she's currently advertising for the brand. I can't wait for Luca and Georgina is perfect for beauty editorials.

^no, i don't think either of the 2 models are Agnete.

I will provide some scans soon, i promise! I just get back to HK barely 4 hrs ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->