Vogue Paris February 2009 : Lara Stone by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Yes, bring me the Lara....please :wub:

And I think 'fait son numero' would mean 'makes her number' which would mean something like 'shows what she's made of, makes her entry, works the goods'...or something like that.

Seeing as we'll be waiting a while yet, I'm curious to the 'fait son numéro' translation. I love it when there's something in another language that you can't quite understand. Is there a pun involved, where 'faire son numéro' is an existing phrase and here, it's also referring to this being an issue of a magazine?

And do I see mention of a supplement at the bottom of the scan?

I'm not entirely satisfied with this cover, I thought there would be a stronger reference to brigitte bardot.
So did I! I was really hoping for something more obviously related to And God Created Woman.

Still, I can't say it's bad B)

I think its something like "A Star is born" Lara Stone takes her number, and ya its written that there is definietly a supplement.It kills me that we will have to wait for this for so long.

Lara's fantastic at photography.

Who's the photograph? It seems like if it were Richardson...

This is just fantastic :heart: I'll elaborate when we see more :lol:

I would like to know how Vogue Paris's sales increase with this issue, because I think having an issue dedicated to her will increase them...

And I think 'fait son numero' would mean 'makes her number' which would mean something like 'shows what she's made of, makes her entry, works the goods'...or something like that.

It's a play on words, it means what you said as well as the fact that it's HER issue (= numéro, in French) and since she's the only model she "makes" it on her own

^ Yep. Faire son numéro... it's like when a dancer does his own thing/his shtick on stage. As for Lara Stone, it would be modelling the way that made her famous.

An employee had this today at Borders, I asked if I could flick through it and she "Sorry no, this is an advanced unfinished copy." Depressing.

An employee had this today at Borders, I asked if I could flick through it and she "Sorry no, this is an advanced unfinished copy." Depressing.

wow, we've had Harpers before it was published, now we've almost gotten VP :shock: Go TFS in 2009!

Though I was thinking the other day, there'll be lots of people at tfs with advance knowledge of magazines, and it would be so exciting to share, but none of us would want them to suffer in their jobs (and I'm sure they don't either)!

Magazines are a cruel mistress, always keeping us waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->